Removing sticky adhesive from side mirrors

Rich.

A2OC Donor
I tried out some of those blindspot mirrors that you stick on your mirrors. I want to remove one because it is bent and replace it with a new one. Is it ok to use hot water on the mirrors to remove the sticky pad adhesive or will it crack the glass?

These blindspot will not affect the heated mirrors in anyway will they?

richard- said:
I tried out some of those blindspot mirrors that you stick on your mirrors. I want to remove one because it is bent and replace it with a new one. Is it ok to use hot water on the mirrors to remove the sticky pad adhesive or will it crack the glass?

These blindspot will not affect the heated mirrors in anyway will they?
You'd be better off using a hairdryer as it's easier to control than the hot water method.

The glass will be ok, don't worry about that, especially if it's not freezing outside (which it isn't!).

A properly adjusted mirror shouldn't really need a blind spot add-on though, as it's got one built in (the part beyond the black line is extra convex).

Cheers,

Mike

Lighter fuel is excellent for all those sticky residue problems or WD40 removes tar and sticky spots and is also one of those products that does things that it's not really designed for!!

Hope this helps

Back