Replace or refurb

Gritty

Evening all, advice sought please.

I`ve got a tdi 75 135k.

Both my starter and my alternator are on their way out and Id planned to replace with new but had a shock as ECP are wanting £370 for a Lucas alternator and £225 for a Bosch starter, which is more than I`d planned to spend, however I`ve found a place in Boreham wood local to me called Unit exchange, they refurbish your existing units rather than replace with new.

Is this a good idea to refurbish the existing parts or just bite the bullet and replace with new?

I`ve got a tdi 75 135k.

Both my starter and my alternator are on their way out and Id planned to replace with new but had a shock as ECP are wanting £370 for a Lucas alternator and £225 for a Bosch starter, which is more than I`d planned to spend, however I`ve found a place in Boreham wood local to me called Unit exchange, they refurbish your existing units rather than replace with new.

Is this a good idea to refurbish the existing parts or just bite the bullet and replace with new?
refurbish is ok mate .. as long as they are a quality refurbed exchange unit then go for it .. i would do exactly the same

I`ve got a tdi 75 135k.

How long have they been doing it ?
If a long time then it’s worth it .
Hth
Keith

Crazy prices!!
Few weeks ago there was a new bosch starter on ebay which sold for £20! (I almost bought it had already bought and fitted a motorquip one for £28 new in box)
The alternator afaik is the same for many VAG vehicles, usually 140A again good used (almost new) sell for £20-£30 on ebay

Back