Replaced my Concert radio with a Sony

Nigel245

A2OC Donor
Last Wednesday I went to Halfords and had a Sony DSX-A410BT radio fitted which had usb, bluetooth and aux input. I thought to myself this is an amazing upgrade! No it was not. No comparison to the original Concert radio at all so I took it out the very next morning and re-installed my Audi Concert radio. Why oh why did I bother!! The sound quality is soooo much better with the Concert. I took the Sony back to Halfords and got a refund..Job done:D

Indeed - made exactly the same decision back in the early days of A2 ownership. Now imagine the sound quality of the concert, multiply by 2 and that's what the BOSE setup sounds like ;)

Indeed - made exactly the same decision back in the early days of A2 ownership. Now imagine the sound quality of the concert, multiply by 2 and that's what the BOSE setup sounds like ;)
I can only imagine but I do have a Bose speaker set up on my TV and would love the Bose in my car some day. ?

I tend to agree but the convenience of DAB and Bluetooth etc is nice to have. However, for my TDi90, as DAB is basically useless, I'm justing going to go for the Bluetooth adapter option and just use internet streaming from my phone.

I tend to agree but the convenience of DAB and Bluetooth etc is nice to have. However, for my TDi90, as DAB is basically useless, I'm justing going to go for the Bluetooth adapter option and just use internet streaming from my phone.

Bluetooth is easily do-able, and DAB I think can be done with the right circumstances.

Yes I most definitely prefer the Concert but will add this below to it when it arrives. Currently have a Connects 2 plugged in the back CD changer socket which I have had for 6 years connected to a iPod but this newer version will give more options inc bluetooth.
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Connects-2-CTAADBT003-Audi-20-PIN-Wireless-Bluetooth-Streaming-Handsfree-Box/371261301268?_trkparms=aid=222007&algo=SIM.MBE&ao=2&asc=51875&meid=317772793b6045a29e4b3bde92f3b837&pid=100005&rk=3&rkt=9&sd=351317560177&itm=371261301268&_trksid=p2047675.c100005.m1851
I fitted the Connects2 Bluetooth into my Concert last weekend - great little bit of kit and as AndyP says, you can internet stream from your iPhone

I fitted the Connects2 Bluetooth into my Concert last weekend - great little bit of kit and as AndyP says, you can internet stream from your iPhone
Good to hear Normski as I had ordered the wrong connects kit last week but have the new correct one arriving soon. I may not have bothered but I do like the Bluetooth option which my current connects 2 didn’t have. Can’t complain though as I’ve had this current one in 2 A2s over the last eight years with old iPod linked too.?

Back