Replacement Rear Door Locks - Do "Golf V" locks fit/function ie 7L0839016A

Can anyone confirm if the Golf V door locks will fit the A2. From what I can see in the pictures they appear identical and have the same 7 pin connector.
They are pretty Cheap and would sooner fit a new part than a replacement 22 year old one

What is the audi door lock part number? Is it same part of first few where car chassis type is coded?

When I looked at them the MK4 connection had only 6 pins but the MKV has 7 like the A2. I've ordered one so will see how it works when it arrives 🤞
Certainly fingers crossed! Look forward to hearing your success, mine have faulty microswitch's on both o/s/r doors

if push comes to shove I have a NIB Genuine A2 rear door lock. Cant recall which side though.

That is the critical factor.. The number of CONNECTED pins. These locks are not quite universal but the same design has been used across several models for a long time. As the part numbers are often identical apart from the first 3 for the type that also is a good indicator. Front locks are a bit more hit and miss. Although again the majority of the part number can match there are subtle differences in the design of the brackets and this can often be overcome by cutting off and non required part. Once again the number of pins is critical and also check they both operate the external handle the same way.

In the end I paid £14 for a second hand Skoda one, so worth a gamble, will report back once it arrives if it works fully or not !

Can anyone confirm if the Golf V door locks will fit the A2. From what I can see in the pictures they appear identical and have the same 7 pin connector.
They are pretty Cheap and would sooner fit a new part than a replacement 22 year old one

Hi L162LZ, a little late to the party but can confirm the Golf Mark 5 lock works in an A2, I have one on the rear left door!

In the end I paid £14 for a second hand Skoda one, so worth a gamble, will report back once it arrives if it works fully or not !

Fitted this today, have attached some pictures comparing the 2 locks. Only thing I had to reuse from the old lock was the short wire connection to the outside handle as the Audi A2 one has a different number/colour stripe (Green 1HR) and is about 8mm shorter then the one that came on the lock from the Tourag (Blue 7HR)
Lock mechanism itself was a simple swap and Car now recongnises when the door is opened so cheap fix for £14 :)

Attachments

• IMG20240514135424.jpg
    IMG20240514135424.jpg
    362.8 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG20240514135410.jpg
    IMG20240514135410.jpg
    479.6 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG20240514135358.jpg
    IMG20240514135358.jpg
    980.3 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG20240514135435.jpg
    IMG20240514135435.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 25
  • IMG20240514135931.jpg
    IMG20240514135931.jpg
    340.3 KB · Views: 25
Were youre locks cycling when you turned the ignition key too, before starting? Like a quick lock unlock check bu the car itself?
Yes they were, it didn't effect their function but would check when you initially turned the key 👍
Still have to sort the boot lock (as that has the same issue) and never shows the "tailgate open" symbol on the dash. They all seem pretty expensive on EBay, so might have to wait until a cheapish one appears, as can't justify £50+ just to get the symbol up

Last edited:
Yes they were, it didn't effect their function but would check when you initially turned the key 👍
Still have to sort the boot lock (as that has the same issue) and never shows the "tailgate open" symbol on the dash. They all seem pretty expensive on EBay, so might have to wait until a cheapish one appears, as can't justify £50+ just to get the symbol up
I'm.sure somee breakers will have them

Behind the tailgate carpet trim with the grab handle on it I suspect.
I can see it's inside the lock mechanism as the cable is attached to it that connects the microswitch to the car but the switch itself is not immediately visible like it is at the bottom of the door locks ☹️

Back