Replacing dolphin grey rear bumper and rear wheel arches

POSH DAVE

A2OC Donor
Recently bought a 2005 dolphin grey A2 and after going over it with a fine tooth comb feel the need to repaint the rear bumper and one rear wheel arch so would appreciate some advice spoken to a few people about looking a getting it spot repainted and was thinking would it be doable to just source a old good condition parts instead ? Knowing that the plastic parts do tend to fade differently would this be a cheaper option ?
Thanks in advance
David

It depends who you know as regards to the cost of paint-spraying work. I know a local Firm who are very reasonable! I've never had any re-sprayed paintwork fade and have never heard of that happening, either. I'd always go that route, but any second-hand panels are always a perfect colour-match. You're going to have the labour cost of replacment, but rear bumpers do come-up fairly frequently on Ebay, and at reasonable cost ....

David

I know a great painter from Llandudno junction ! As used to live near Llandudno but wouldn't work distance wise but the guy who cleans my wife's car had a look and thought it would be around £300 / £400 guess ?
So thought maybe get replacement and bolt them on ?
Thanks for the reply

Ive a guy who does all my paint work and a rough guess would be about £100 including materials but im a couple hours drive from you ..

Back