Residual values

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paul

Thought you might be interested in the prices quoted for my car at 52k miles and 21 months old. The original cost was £21k, as it is stuffed with extras.

The prices quoted are between £6,000 and £7,500 - "due to the high mileage".

These are standing value quotes - in other words I have already got the discount off my new Allroad, so there is no over-valuing going on.

On this basis, I will keep the A2 as a spare car. It runs like new, and is in perfect condition, except for an annoying failure of traction control which will be repaired next week under warranty. I can spread the mileage and balance the fuel consumption between the A2 and Allroad, and probably end up better off.

Paul
1.4TDi, leather, Open Sky, BOSE, 6 CD, alu trim, cruise, DIS, etc. etc.

Well my 2003 model 1.4 petrol SE, 52 reg (Sept 2002) with 3500miles on the clock has been given £9500 on part ex, against a paid price of £14,500. £5k in 4 months.......

Steve - 2003 1.4SE petrol, Silver, black/black interior

Remember - most of the £5k was lost in the minute or so while they screw the number plates on.

Ian

2002 1.4 Petrol SE, silver with climate control.

... or you could reason that you've already taken most of the hit on the depreciation so just keep on using it and 'run it into the ground' - as long as its reliable and fun to drive. With 30k service intervals teh A2 should be quite economic overall and the ideal car to put high mileage on ?. Also you're in danger of hitting the Allroad value which I assume would depreciate even more than the A2 with excess miles. Its a fine calculation.

Its all down to us fickle car buying public who turn up our noses at what we class as 'high mileage'.

Trying to run cars (especially enjoyable ones) on an economic argument is always fraught with danger. If you enjoy driving then drive the car that you like. Its only money after all...

Good luck

Dave

1.6SE

Ian-the irony of your statement is that when we picked up the replacement A2 after so many problem with the first one, the dealer let us drive home with the wrong number plates on...

Steve - 2003 1.4SE petrol, Silver, black/black interior

Where do you stay Paul as I may have someone interested in buying your A2 for a decent price if you are interested in selling it.

Regards,

Jamie.

Jamie - I live in Northamptonshire.

Paul
1.4TDi, leather, Open Sky, BOSE, 6 CD, alu trim, cruise, DIS, etc. etc.

Jamie - Paul's photos are on UK Owners Gallery Page 3 on the A2OC site.

2001 TDi SE | Open Sky Roof | Kenwood Mask CD
It's not too late to register to come to the A2OC social!
www.Audi-A2.co.uk | www.A2Forum.net

Jesus Christ, they would have made a right killing on your A2 if you had caved in! 2001 1.4 TDIs are being advertised by Audi dealerships for between £10,000 and £12,000. The highest mileage is 17k. But that was a y-reg 2001 tdi being advertised at £12k, with no extras!

I would think your A2 would have been on the forecourt advertise at £9,999 (at least) as soon as you had left with your Allroad.

I wonder what multiple of owned A2s are currently standing on Audi dealer forecourts?

Hi

Would you be interested in selling privately? If so what sort of price would you be looking for? I'm not to far away, Cambridgeshire.

Cheers
Adrian

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back