Respray costs

Paddys

Having had an unfortunate incident in a car park some time ago (a rather large dint in my rear bumper where no one even left a note) I am in the market for a rear bumper. I've found one on ebay (from an 05 reg car) - I'm presuming there were no changes which will stop me fitting this to a Y reg ???? but... It's in silver whereas I have the metallic black.... can any one advice on the costs of getting this resprayed and where it can be done to match correctly to the colour of what I have at the moment ?

Cheers

PaddyS

When someone ran in to my bumper last year i got a quote from Audi who wanted over £400 but my insurance company wanted me to get it done at there approved repairers and they did it for less than £250 i was extremely worried about the colour match on my car as i have pearlescant pine green and the respray was unnoticable i was well chuffed an invisible repair .....

There's metal coming through the plastic!

Hmm.... £250 is pretty pricey - was that the spray or all the work ?

To be honest thats not a bad price if you have got metal sticking through the plastic, its going to want repairing and spraying and its the paint and laquer thats the biggest cost depending on what paint they use. we use glasirit paint which is aproved by Audi (i work in a body shop that only deals with Audi's ex rentals)

Cheers Phil

There's metal coming through the plastic!

Hmm.... £250 is pretty pricey - was that the spray or all the work ?

Paddy
£250 was the price for the complete repair including the respray .They had the car for a few days it had to be painted in stages because of the colour and the finish ....So i thought £250 was a very good price ...

Ive got a rear bumper you can have for the cost of postage. Its already black but has scratchs so ideally could do with being repainted

Back