resync keys to central convienience module

Hi, Just got my CCU back from Lau and the remote central locking doesn't work I think I need to resync it. How do I do that ?

I have tried unlocking the door with the key turning on the ignition, then off again, then closing the door and trying the remote fob and that didn't work.

If I go into VAGCOM under CCM, Recode - 07 is this what I need to do ?

I have SW Coding 06720, Workshop code 02138, importer ---

Do I need to change this ?

cheers Ben.

put key into ignition
turn to ignition (don't start car)
turn key off and remove from ignition
immediately press unlock on remote fob
Done!

Hi Sarge, I have tried this method and it doesn't work I think I need to use VAGCOM. I just tried it again exactly as you describe no luck. Ben

Remote Control Matching
[Select]
[46 - Central Convenience]
[Adaptation - 10]
Channel 021.
[Read]
Enter 1.
[Test]
Now press any button on the remote you want to match.
The meas. block field above will change from Not Recogn. to Recognized.
[Save]

[Done, Go Back]
[Close Controller, Go Back - 06]

Last edited by a moderator:
You need to wait for the immobilisor light to go off before removing key and instantly pressing unlock (symbol of a car with a key in it).

put key into ignition
turn to ignition (don't start car)
turn key off and remove from ignition
immediately press unlock on remote fob
Done!

You need to wait for the immobilisor light to go off before removing key and instantly pressing unlock (symbol of a car with a key in it).

Never found that necessary, I've literally flicked it to ignition and then out all in a flash and pressed unlock on remote, always works.

Ben, it's probably because Lau either changed the box or the insides of the box therefore you will need to match the remotes via VCDS.

Cheers
Sarge

Thanks Sarge just tried VAGCOM but sadly when I tried to read channel 21 I get the following -

Your VAGCOM needs to be registered and activated to enable this function :-(

Anyone live near me with a fully activated and registered VAGCOM ?

Stroud Gloucestershire GL6 9EQ ?

cheers

Ben

This is because you may be using shareware version of VagCom :(

You will need access to full version, try to see a member close to you with full version, or you could post box and remotes to me and I will program them for you, then upon return you will need to just do the manual re-sync method, just an option :)

Cheers
Sarge

Hi Sarge, thats very kind of you and may take you up on it if no luck with a local user, wereabouts are you ? Are you confident it would work if I sent them all to you as the car would be off the road whilst they are gone. cheers Ben

Hi Ben, I'm in East London , Walthamstow to be precise, you can send it over if you cannot find someone local or if your car is due/needs any work like servicing you could come down and I can do both services same time for you :)

Regards
Sarge

Back