retro fit luggage compartment cover

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

brack

Hi, just purchased 2001 A2 1.4 TDi (climate, electric windows) would like to fit a luggage compartment cover. Audi say it is only a factory option. Is it possible to source these items anywhere? I have a dog and want the extra storage under her bed to put space saver wheel etc: Any ideas?
Regards Brack

Unfortunately to have the false floor fitted after is going to cost LOADS, its would require new side linings (with holes precut into it), new fixing brackets for the floor - these stick through the holes, and extenal covers for the brackets to finish it all off, and of course the floor itself.

Lee and Sheridan,
TDI SE, Dolphin Grey,
50% Brighter Bulbs : Original Audi 6 CD Changer (Fitted in proper location by me): Rear drinks holder
http://www.audi-a2.co.uk/uk18.htm

Hi there

I too have just purchased a Tdi Sport [Thursday] only to find that the floor compartment was missing and to get it would require an additional purchase.

Yes you can buy it. It cost £105.

No Audi will not fit it for you,, see my post http://www.a2forum.net/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=1431].

Personal I think it stinks,, why should this be an extra on a car that has already cost me plenty,, they give it away on the SE model,, I think front fog lights and interior mats should be standard on the sports model if they can put them on the SE model then why not the sports version.. total madness if you ask me.

Thanks, I hope you are right EF MAX, I spoke to the parts dept at Dovercourt Battersea on Saturday who told me it was not a retro fit item. I will badger them on Monday.

EF MAX
I know what you mean-what is it with German car makers?. BMW have weird options and packages. When I was looking at the A2 specs, one package would have something I like, the other wouldn't, but you couldn't order them seperately.

It's like the old Merc option of a radio/cassette!.

Steve - 2002 1.4SE petrol, Silver, black/black interior, Then an identical replacement 2003 A2. Now a Toyota Corolla 1.6 T-Spirit

quote:Originally posted by brack

Thanks, I hope you are right EF MAX, I spoke to the parts dept at Dovercourt Battersea on Saturday who told me it was not a retro fit item. I will badger them on Monday.

Yes you can buy this as an option,, at least Aston Green in Reading offered me this.

I wanted it to cover up my audio equipment,, I know that I could have one built during the audio installation but that is beside the point.

All it is, is two brackets, maybe a new set of trim and a piece of foldable wood covered in carpet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back