Retro Fit Navigation, HELP PLEASE??

F

Flo

Hi,
New here, just bought a 1.4 Tdi SE and over the moon with it. I have looked through Ebay etc to find an Audi Satnav system for the car. Can anyone tell me what I need to include to retro fit an Audi Navigation system??

Many thanks

Hi Flo
Welcome to the A2oc
First question - which system are you planning to fit, the Nav+ unit with full colour screen or the more basic model which utilises the driver info system message display in the instrument panel.

IF your car has the double din size Symphony radio unit, then installation of the colour screen Nav+ system is fairly straight forward. If not, it gets very expensive as you need to replace (or modify) the dashboard and fit a new climate control module. Note the CD slot within the SatNav head unit is only for the navigation disc and cannot play music CD's
I am about to fit the Nav+ system to my own car and can give you more comprehensive info on the installation if you'r interested.

Also check out the recent threads in the Audio/Video section of the forum for more tips on the installation of both units.

Cheers Spike

Back