Retrofitting marathon!

PaulA2

Approximately one month ago I finally managed to source a 90 which I have wanted for a long time within my strict budget. It has taken years of searching but the ugly duckling has now been treated to much love and 4 long days of transition towards my own holy grail / dream car.

I originally came back to A2 ownership as I do a lot of miles commuting to work and needed a "cheap" car but with the strict criteria it would eat the miles well and wrap me in comfort and practicality. Clearly perfect grounbd for an A2. However, after finally securing a 90 Akoya Silver car for the right money I have set about the dangerously addictive task of upgrading it to where it is now.

The car was rough in that it was filthy in and out, had a water leak from rear vents so boot tray was full and as such the diveristy module had melted due to the short circuit created and the DMF was goosed.

It has now been lovingly reincarnated to create the car it is today! New LUK DMF, Clutch and release bearing with the MYP Box, Full suspension over haul of monroe reflexes and spidans, and interior completely removed and updated with sports heated leather, double DIN, CD Changer in boot, power socket in boot, BOSE, Electric rear windows, Cruise, Rear vents replaced and sealed. All wiring recovered from a salvage car and run as per factory to fuse box etc.

It has been 4 long days but the end result is a car to be proud of. It will be with me for a long time as the hours along with the time taken to source the car are worth far more to me than it has cost. I must admit to do all above in a weekend followed by a 4 day marathon has been a marathon and I feel like I have been battered but the satisfaction for the test drive of 170 miles left me feeling very lucky indeed.

The 6 speed box is a delight and transforms the cruise along the motorway. This is not my first A2 but first 90 and it just seems such a good match with the box it begs the question why they did not do it in the first place!

Wow that is great going for 4 days. Excellent project - it would be great to see it at a social or two how about audis in the park? Cheers Mike

Cheers Mike, I would like to make more socials but as I work away through the week home time is a premium. I will make one for sure, I live near Combe so hope to at least make that one!

I have front and rear bumpers to replace yet and to source and install DIS and RNS-e so not just there yet!

Back