Reunited to the A2....and loving it!

Ruggie

Hi all.

Just purchased my first owned A2 and starting to realise how fantastic they are.

I was an Audi salesman at the time of their launch and our dealership had a LHD to promote it before the UK release. I loved it so much, even as a LHD, that I chose to drive it around as my demo. The other guys thought I was mad but the looks you got from people in the street and other drivers was amazing. It was just the new fun car from Audi and instead of being a typical understated Audi it turned heads. The problem with the A2 was that it was way ahead, and still is, of its time and also it was never available as an auto. If an automatic had been available it would have won masses of new customers from the Merc A class, which was supposed to be its competition.

I'm now the proud owner of a 51 plate A2 SE in solid black with Open Sky and 120,000 miles on the clock. Very clean inside but a few scratches here and there on the door panels. Hey, it is 15 years old....what do you expect! All original even the Chorus radio/cassette.......yes cassette.....I've had to dig out my old tapes from the 80's and its making feel like a teenager again when I'm driving it! It cost me £640 from the auction and all I've done to it is clean, new wiper blade and new number plates with the registration K12 NME. To those that don't know how the registrations work it looks like a 12 plate...and with the condition of it and the rarity of A2's (had it a month now and only seen 3 others) it does look 10 years younger than it is. The drive is still solid and all the controls still click or clunk as if new. Common faults include the wear on the climate control buttons, window switches and lights switch. Little to suffer with considering its age. Just loving it!!

Ruggie, proud owner! :D

Welcome aboard at long last. :D A great first post and a thoroughly enjoyable read. Also great to see that there were members of the Audi sales team that 'got' the A2 at time of launch and sale.

You are amongst fellow fanatics on this forum and there is a wealth of knowledge to be had on these pages. Any questions that the in-built search or google search can't answer and I'm fairly certain one or more members will sort you out.

There is an active social scene too, with the next event held at Duxford on 25th September if this interests you.

BTW - pictures of your new purchase are essential, so don't be shy. :eek:

Best regards,

Darren

Hi Ruggie,

Great to have you on board especially since it seems that you are well and truly hooked on the A2.

People who haven't owned one rarely "get them" but once you get to know the A2 they are hard to beat aren't they.

Our "Member Relations" representative will be along shortly with some helpful info.

It is well worth checking out the "How To" "Index" section for some useful info that even a Audi salesman might find interesting!!!

WELCOME

Steve B

Last edited:
Hi

Welcome to the A2 owners club (at last :) )

What a great first post.

By now you should you should have received a pm (private message) containing lots of useful information about the club.*

You can access this by clicking on the word 'Notifications' at the very top of this page.**

It looks like this if you are viewing in the desktop site

db4eo.jpg

Or by clicking on the envelope symbol if you are using tapatalk

5o8bhu.jpg

I hope you find it a friendly place to be with lots of useful information.*

Best wishes

Steve

(A2Steve) Member relations*

Hi Folks

Thanks for the warm welcome.

I can see that this site is going to cost me a fortune! I've already decided I want 17" wheels, Auto Lights with Coming Home, LED - inside and out......the list just goes on.

Fixed a couple of problems already with the assistance of 'How to'.......removal of the glovebox to fix the light and also a blockage in the air con drain that flooded the NSF footwell. I was lucky...gave the pipe a few good squeezes and then I heard the water pouring out under the car. No more indoor swimming pools....result! Whilst removing the glovebox I noticed that their wasn't a pollen filter installed. Ordered the more expensive charcoal one but as I suffer with hayfever I'm sure it will be worth the extra cost.

What shall I add to my shopping list next...hmmmm??

Ruggie

Hi Folks

Thanks for the warm welcome.

I can see that this site is going to cost me a fortune! I've already decided I want 17" wheels, Auto Lights with Coming Home, LED - inside and out......the list just goes on.

Fixed a couple of problems already with the assistance of 'How to'.......removal of the glovebox to fix the light and also a blockage in the air con drain that flooded the NSF footwell. I was lucky...gave the pipe a few good squeezes and then I heard the water pouring out under the car. No more indoor swimming pools....result! Whilst removing the glovebox I noticed that their wasn't a pollen filter installed. Ordered the more expensive charcoal one but as I suffer with hayfever I'm sure it will be worth the extra cost.

What shall I add to my shopping list next...hmmmm??

Ruggie

Sounds like the addiction has set in already Ruggie!
May it continue with great results!
Cheers Jeff

Back