Right hand drive wiper arm info?

Birdfish

Hi Guy's,

My Wiper Arm is slack at the usual pivot point, I've tried to tighten it but thats not working so just wondered if anyone can give me some of the following information?

1. Does a Right hand drive A2 have a sided wiper arm?

2. If so what is the part number for a 2004 RHD model with the Wiper blade pin on it? (Not standard/earlier hook type).

3. As the Rivets seem to be worn would it be possible to drill them out and replace with larger ones, anyone done this?
Note* the original Rivets are ok it's the joint hole that seems to be worn out on both.

Any info here would be good.

Thank you

Cheers

Doug

Hi,

thank you I'll keep that in mind, gees is expensive for what it is though.

I would like to know if a repair is possible, only thing is removing it attempting a repair and it doesn't work, Stoke Audi then!

Cheers

Doug

Hi Doug, we are always on the look out for repairs to common problems like this, but I have personally never seen one posted!!
You could earn yourself a few "Reputation points" if you were to find a way of tightening everything up again!!!

Cheers

P.S. for those that don't know, there is a "Star" icon on the bottom of each post where you can "award" reputation points for great tips and fixes.

Hi Doug,

'Papa Hans' on the German A2 forum has made a fix. There are threads about it here and here. May be worth contacting him to see if you can work something out? :cool:

Regards,

Matt.

Last edited:
I drilled mine out and made new rivets (Pins) on a lathe out of stainless steel bar, reassembled with molly grease. All the play as gone and wiper works without any shuddering. Unfortunately I didn't take any photos, it was one of the 'fill in' jobs I did when I had the gearbox out to fit a new clutch, but it was from memory an fairly easy repair if you are handy with tools and had access to a lathe to turn up new pins.

Cheers,
Paul (Depronman)

Hi Guy's,

sorry for late reply on this, been on holiday and returned to computer fault Usual! Anyway thanks for the info I'm going to try a fix on this, if it don't work then I'll need to buy a new one, let you know how this goes.

Btw..... What about it being sided for UK ie; RH.Side Or LH.Side, anyone know?

Cheers

D

Back