Right side (driver) foglight replacement

Rich.

A2OC Donor
Hi,

I was wondering what the cheapest way to replace my left hand foglight is, a stone has broken the glass - looking around it seems I have to replace the whole unit?

I would like a genuine looking part. Is it easy to fit a replacement myself? (undo the 2 screws, unplug +replug)? Also got hit by a stone on windscreen too not too lucky today, so that needs replacing too! :mad:

I am then looking for having headlight and foglight protectors fitted, a job for skipton maybe..

Thank you

This happened to me last year. I had a big hole and crack in my N/S foglight. I went to Audi and they quoted me unhappy at circa £90 ish without the bulb, for one unit. I told them to shove it. :mad:

But yes, you are right. You have to replace the whole unit. The lens and reflector/backing is all sold as one piece. The only seperate part looked to be the bulb.

There are a couple of pattern parts manufacturers that make them for about £35 ish, but I am unsure of the quality/fit. Look for them online.

I ended up buying a 2nd hand one from Sojah, which he got from a scrapper somewhere IIRC.

HTH.

Cheers,

I managed to pick up a 'pattern' part from eBay. Brand new and a perfect fit. Think it was circa £35.

In fact here you go. These fit no problem - same as the one I bought:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Audi-A2-New-F...arts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item335ca31d2f

Other option is to remove the other and buy the blanking panels. I have never had my front fogs on given that we very rarely get 'serious reduced visibility'. Plenty of idiots that drive cars with them on (especially the rear) when there is no need. Boils my blood.............

Last edited:
Glad you got it sorted cheaply and easily. What gets my goat even more are the people who drive with side lights and fogs instead of dipped main. Why? Frak!

The new foglight came today from 4rings, £40 inc postage. It is a lot clearer compared to the other side (audi). Both the audi ones are 2 years old (they was both replaced in 2008) i'm not sure how to align the light either? There is a screw to adjust the beam but how do I know when it is right..

I'm on the hunt again for a new foglight drivers side (it smashed again)! - so if any one has one let me know..

Back