RNS-E fitment

A4NOY

Hi found my RNS-E today the label says its a 8P0035192S will this do the job ??
iv already made the dash mods so all fits in ok
people are talking about a can gateway do i need one if so from who my car has dis and I also have a bluetooth module
All wiring kits are ordered just need to know if its a gower and what to do next....

Hi,

8P0 035 192S will work, yes. All MK1 RNSE units are electrically compatible with the A2, after model year 2002. :)

You will not need a CAN gate; these are only required for MK2 RNSE's where the part number does not end in 193B. Regarding the bluetooth module, I would leave this out for now until you have the RNSE working. This will be a complication to the process, so I'd recommend fitting it afterwards.

You mention you've ordered a wiring kit. I assume this is an adapter from the A2's mini ISO connections to the Quadlock fitting of the RNSE? If so, you need to check the relevant connections are in place on the adapter. You'll need to confirm that the loom wiring in the car matches the correct pins on the RNSE. This can be done by tracing the wires through the adapter and comparing the pin diagrams on your existing stereo and the RNSE. Once the wiring is correct, you should be able to power the unit up.

With your unit powered on, you'll need to do some coding to both the RNSE and instruments using VCDS. The RNSE must be coded as an A6 (4B) as a minimum to work with the A2. There are other coding options, but a search through the forums will reveal these. Change the coding of the instrument controller on channel 62, and add 4 to the value. This enables navigation data to be shown on the DIS.

Hopefully now the unit will be working. :cool:

The illumination of the RNSE etc will work when you switch the car's lights on and off. I've missed some of the finer details out, like connecting the GPS antennae and FAKRA splitter, but hopefully you'll work these out.

My thread on this is here. It's for a MK2 RNSE, but most of it should be relevant. :)

Regards,

Matt.

Thanks Matt when my wiring kit arrives I will go through the pins and see how I go...
How do I code the RNSE to A6 in vag.com or is that self explained when you go in ??

You'll want to look here for coding options. It's fairly self explanatory when you look at it on VCDS, just a chain of 7 numbers that you change according to the options you want.

Best of luck. :p

Matt.

Thanks again Matt.. I will give that ago when the bits arrive then can we talk about blue tooth and rev camera ( do i need to be looking for a camera module if so which one )....

Hi Matt. do i need to get a software discs if so were from.... I take it I will need both ??

Hi Matt. do i need to get a software discs if so were from.... I take it I will need both ??
You need the sat nav disc and they should cone with one ideally.
But you can find the sat nav discs on eBay anyway (with current maps and soeed cameras)

steve B

Hi,

You shouldn't need software discs as far as I'm aware.

When coding the MK2 RNSE, as per my thread, you need to downgrade to SW150 to code to A6 (4B), and then upgrade back to the current software version. This is not necessary for the MK1 unit, as you can code to A6 (4B) irrespective of the software version.

As Steve says, you will only need the navigation disc. Providing you purchase a relatively new disc, this will have the latest software on it for the MK1 anyway.

Regards,

Matt.

Back