RNS E GALA Connection

chumsofmanutd

A2OC Donor
Hi,

I'm in the process of looking at fitting an rns e. The question I have is where do I connect the radio side of the gala wire. I know where to I have to go on the instrument panel but can't find any information of how to connect the gala wire to the radio. Is it as shown HERE - ie into pin 1 of the black 8 pin connector of the wiring harness in the car?

Cheers Rob.

Hi I know this is an old post as the link no longer works but for an 04 fsi would I need to do the re wire of the speed gala or will it work via the radio connectors?

Yes, I Believe only very early A2's had the GALA speed signal wire from the factory.

Cheers

Rob.

Thanks chumsomanutd for the heads up,
Is there any working links as to how this is done or does any one have any input as to what i have to do. From a guide I saw I know that the blue-yellow wire from the speedo has to be spliced but with what kind of wire and to what pin on the unit?. also abit off topic but do the back metal guides of the rnse need to be chopped off to fit on a single to double din conversion? any help is much appriciated

Last edited:
Back