Road Tax

Skipton01

Admin Team
Well, it looks like we'll be saving even more by driving the A2 Tdi range now.

Golden Brown has cut the duty by 30% on band B cars (up to 120g/km CO2) so we'll now pay £35 per year!!!

Nice one Golden!

Cheers,

Mike

That is great news!

Another reason to keep your A2's. Looks like small economic green cars are going to be very sought after.

What a shame for our fellow X5 owners, hey? :D £300 a year

Don't forget that this is the International A2 Owners' Club!

Us poor mugs in the Republic of Ireland have to pay €313 per annum on a 1.4TDi. Roughly £225. The BMW X5 tax rate doesn't seem such poor value in comparison, does it?

I should really move away from this tinpot pretend country.

Be glad of Gordon. Especially as car enthusiasts.

emissions?

Hi all, does anyone know what the emissions are for the A2 petrol versions??just had my MOT done but no info there either! also what class should this version be in, I want some Happy news also!! thanks, Alan.

It is a double edged sword though. I have two cars; the A2, which I drive every day (although in the summer I cycle to work a couple of times a week) and a sports car which is *just* :( (227g/km) in the 'gas guzzler' band.

I use this for weekends only (1000miles so far this year), and it generally does 30-35mpg. The increase in road tax to £400 makes it more likely that I'll use it more often, as I can them amortise the £400 over higer miles. In fact, if you take the increase in depreciation into account, its probably now cheaper for me to use the sports car exclusively and sell the A2.....

Probably not the effect GB wanted. If he'd had the b*lls to stick to the fuel escalator tax and reduce road tax the incentive would be for me to do and even larger proportion on my travelling in the A2.

SS7

Is this not another sign that Audi should go back to the A2 as a model for the future?

Feeling pretty smug at work I have to say.

Hi pamanal21
The emissions levels vary slightly with vehicle weight but worst case (all the options) figures are
1.4 petrol 146g/kg
1.6 petrol 144g/kg
1.4 diesel 119g/kg - both 75 and 90hp versions

Cheers Spike

driveforward said:
b****r!!!

I bought my tax online the weekend just gone.. it hasn't even arrived yet :(
Hey Ian i think you may be able to get a rebate for the difference .....

Good luck you guys. My A2 was first registered about three weeks before 1 March 2001, so I get to pay the full £115 :eek:(

Dev

wooly A2 said:
I've been looking into just that this evening - fingers crossed! Will phone DVLA tomorrow to find out, otherwise I'm going to send my disc back with a V14 form and get a refund if I can

Good day to buy an A2

Not that it was planned to coincide with the budget but I am now the proud owner of a 05 TDI special edition in red after many weeks of driving around the country to find one. Well I say I ,but it is for my wife although I am more excited about it. See you out on the road in the Skipton area.

wooly A2 said:

Yes - just get the refund form from the post office, send it off with your disc before the end of March (or any month) and apply for a new one at the beginning of April.

My (£50) disc expires at the end of July, so if I cash it in and buy a new one in April I will save a whopping £5. Only downside is that the car will have to be off the road for the weekend 31/3-1/4 as it'll be untaxed - so not really worth the bother.

Mark

My tax is due at the end of the month so great timing!! I taxed our Xtrail for 12 months online this morning just in case they raised it in the budget!!

Mr K said:
Yes - just get the refund form from the post office, send it off with your disc before the end of March (or any month) and apply for a new one at the beginning of April.

My (£50) disc expires at the end of July, so if I cash it in and buy a new one in April I will save a whopping £5. Only downside is that the car will have to be off the road for the weekend 31/3-1/4 as it'll be untaxed - so not really worth the bother.

Mark
After doing some digging today I think I may just have to accept my efficiency has resulted in me being raped by Gordon.

I can use the V14 to send the disc back for a refund, but as I'm not selling the car I'll have to declare it SORN'd.. I would risk it, but they state it takes a minimum of 3 weeks in which to process the refund - hence we'll be well into April. Add to this that I won't be able to buy a new tax disc until I get this once cancelled and I'm stumped :(

This is indeed excellent news!! :D

I have always been so smug and proud of advertising that I only have to pay £50 per year for the privilege of driving on our imperfect roads, but £35 is close to filling up with a tank of fuel and as such is barely noticeable in terms of charging.

Does car ownership get much better than this?!!

Sorry to all those pre March 2001 owners who don't qualify though!!

driveforward said:
I can use the V14 to send the disc back for a refund, but as I'm not selling the car I'll have to declare it SORN'd.. I would risk it, but they state it takes a minimum of 3 weeks in which to process the refund - hence we'll be well into April. Add to this that I won't be able to buy a new tax disc until I get this once cancelled and I'm stumped :(

I don't think you need to wait for the refund before you apply for the new disk. I'm sure this came up last year when it dropped from £85 to £50 and I'm sure I heard from a reputable source that you could do this.

Obviously you'll have to make a SORN declaration, but I'd be amazed if there was a minimum off-road period.

Mark

Last year when it dropped I bought a new one and sent off the old one all at once, I had no problems, effectively the car was taxed twice til the refund arrived.

Back