Roadtrip to pick up our new A2 this weekend

A2Steve

A2OC Donor
Wales
Hi all

Have just sold our golf plus as we needed a more economical car. Having previously owned a 1.4 petrol A2 (the black one) I immediately thought of an A2 diesel. Having done a bit of searching i've now put deposit down on this silver one and my mate and I are undertaking a 360 mile round trip to collect it on saturday.

Thanks

Steve

a.jpg
audi-a2-hatchback-diesel_15725673.jpg

Reactions: chb
Excellent. Always nice to have something tolook forward to, like a new car. Your old one looks a lot like my TDi.

Hope it all goes to plan.

John

Goodone :). I belive this one was on Autotrader(Auto-select),right?

Looks well kepted 2 owners I belive, 91K on the clock.

Im sure she'll be a joy to drive back on the roadTrip. :cool:

Goodone :). I belive this one was on Autotrader(Auto-select),right?

Looks well kepted 2 owners I belive, 91K on the clock.

Im sure she'll be a joy to drive back on the roadTrip. :cool:

Yeah that's the one. I do a bit of car trading as a side line so managed 2 pick it up as a trade sale at a discounted price.

beware that garage has a bad rep if its the one up newcastle, if its not that garage i will get my coat. :D

beware that garage has a bad rep if its the one up newcastle, if its not that garage i will get my coat. :D

Its in derbyshire, all of his other stock are £20k plus sports cars etc so an A2 is a little out of place there.

Well I got home a few hours ago from the 410 mile roundtrip to pick up our little A2 and I've got a smile on my face. I can't believe how different it feels to our old 1.4 petrol.

Got to the dealers at about 9.30 and was immediately impressed by the condition of the little car, it looks much better than the online advert. The wheels have just been refurbed and the car has clearly been well looked after.

Everything was fine until I started it up. I'd read on the forum that they have a distinctive sound but never owning a 3 cylinder car before I wasn't preparred for that. I was so shocked by the noise that I thought there was something wrong and so agreed with the dealer to drive to the nearest garage with another A2 diesel for sale just so I could check that was actually what they were supposed to sound like.

Having tried another A2 at another dealer it was a sigh of releif that they were supposed to sound like that and my mate and I hadn't driven 3.5 hours for nothing.

We immediatley hot footed it back to the original garage and couldn't hand over the cash quick enough.

Our little A2 behaved perfectly on the 180 mile trip back and the unadvertised cruise control was a god send.

Will have to get the wheels balaned as they seemed to have removed the weights with the refurb but apart from that its a cracking little car and we are looking forward 2 many happy years of ownership.

Will get some photos loaded up when my pc decides to work.

IMG-20140407-00510.jpgIMG-20140407-00511.jpg

Laser tracking and wheel balancing done today. Made a big difference to the way she drives.

It appears that it has sport spec suspension and the wheels are replicas so someone has had a little play with it at some time in the past. Its also got a fair bit of grunt when putting my foot down so I wonder whether its also had a remap at some point.

Does anyone recognise the car or know anything about it?

View attachment 15211View attachment 15212

Laser tracking and wheel balancing done today. Made a big difference to the way she drives.

It appears that it has sport spec suspension and the wheels are replicas so someone has had a little play with it at some time in the past. Its also got a fair bit of grunt when putting my foot down so I wonder whether its also had a remap at some point.

Does anyone recognise the car or know anything about it?

I don't like those big hubcap things you have on ion the first picture, I bet they cause a bit of drag !!! :)

As for the power, I used to think that about my wife's A2, it seemed just too quick to be standard, but having now driven her TDI 90 WOW, that shows that the extra 15 BHP makes a huge difference, so I am now pretty sure that the 75 was just standard (I.e. reasonably quick)

The several 75s I have driven have all felt quick!!!

Steve B

Back