Roll-up, roll-up! It's Curry Meet, Rolling Road and Something Else time once again..!

Following the great success of last years meet in and around the Coventry area where we spent the day at the Midland Air Museum and then topped the event off with a nice hot Indian (er, Curry); the now annual pre-Christmas event is back!

I know many have been chomping at the bit to find out when we'll be holding this meet, and I apologise for not posting up sooner however I've been on holiday.. :rolleyes:

Last time around we weren't able to get the rolling road session incorporated in the day, but this year things are all set to go thanks to Robin (who sends his apologies for not being around much of late) and Vince at Stealth who already has us booked in.

The proposal is as follows:

Sunday 2nd December
  • Meet up at Stealth Racing (http://www.stealthracing.co.uk - Just off J12 M40) at midday for the opportunity to find out the REAL power and torque figures for your A2. Petrol or TDI, standard or remapped; if you've never had this done before it'll be a great insight. It's great to compare your cars results with that of others. Price tba but usually circa £25-35 per run.
  • Once everyone who wishes to have a run has done so, move off in convoy mid-afternoon to a yet undecided attraction (Post suggestions please - those with local knowledge!)
  • Finally, head to the same curry house as last year for a hearty meal and an evening of top class conversation! Items of discussion will no doubt include the days events, A2 modifications spied on other members cars, club merchandise and development as well as the usual friendly banter!

As always, A2OC socials are friendly, open and family events so partners and enthusiastic offspring are always welcome!

Maps etc will be posted in due course, but for now please register your interest in the calendar HERE - I will need to know numbers to confirm rolling road prices and to book the restaurant. In the meantime I'll be interested to hear suggestions for mid-late afternoon activities!

If you want to see how we got on last year, click here

Last edited:
I'm in!

Not sure of what to do in the afternoon, but there's a good chance that by the time we've finished off at Stealth, a short run around to Coventry will see us just about right to start the meal.

Cheers,

Mike

It might fit in well I'm just about to book a flight to dublin and back on the 1st dec and
from london I can go back home for the 1st :)

One question though I don't like curry, so have they got non spicy food I can order?

and.. I was thinking of having the car remapped do you think they can fit that in?
however not sure if I can afford it yet.

Last edited:
There is a full alternative menu available, or you can go for a non-spicy curry, like the good old korma.

I would have thought that Vince could put a map into your ECU whilst John was doing the rolling bit, but best to confirm this.

Cheers,

Mike

Really Sorry guys but i dont think im going to be able to make this one
as im booked up everyweekend from know till xmas with Private work ,
My mate is going to Australia for 6 weeks over xmas and i have agreed
to take on his private's as well cant say the money wont come in handy
though as where leading up to xmas ...

Once again Sorry but im sure after last years sucess and with
Ian organizing this it will be a great day out for all A2 Owners ...:(

Really Sorry guys but i dont think im going to be able to make this one
as im booked up everyweekend from know till xmas with Private work ,
My mate is going to Australia for 6 weeks over xmas and i have agreed
to take on his private's as well cant say the money wont come in handy
though as where leading up to xmas ...

Once again Sorry but im sure after last years sucess and with
Ian organizing this it will be a great day out for all A2 Owners ...:(

Sorry to see you can't make it Carl - it would have been good to hook up before Crimbo.

Will have a vindaloo for you!!

Darren

Hi,

My mate is going to Australia for 6 weeks over xmas and i have agreed to take on his privates

You must be a great friend!

No need to apologise Wooly - you've always been there for us in the past. I'll go along as a representative of the 'Wiltshire Massif'...

Ben

PS - I've enabled the opt-in functionality on the calendar post - so register your attendance now.

PS - I've enabled the opt-in functionality on the calendar post - so register your attendance now.

I did wonder how people were supposed to enroll.. I thought it may have appeared differently for others as I had created the event :eek:

Curry meet

All being well we will be there for the meal. Just would like an estimate of the time for the meal.
cheers
Malcolm.

Would love to be there, but it might be tight as it's quite short notice.
You know what it's like at this time of year!

Would love to get on the RR, so I will try, but looks doubtful.

Alan

Curry meet.

Hi all, Im 'in' as it were! supposed to be going to see 'Michael Buble' but the rolling Road and curry have swayed it for me( hope the Missus dos'nt read this!!) see you all on the second Dec, Cheers ALAN.

Yep, I should be able to make this too as I'm Midlands-based. Looking forward to meeting everyone as I'm new to all this.

Just trying to persuade the missus to come along too.....

Cheers,
Gaz

Back