Roof racks?

dan_b

A2OC Donor
Hi all
I'm a newb here, been lurking for a few days as am currently mooting downsizing from an A4 to an A2 - great information in this forum and some very knolwedgeable members, glad to find it!

Anyway, I have a couple of questions
1. does anyone use a roof rack/roof box on the A2 - if so, who makes them?
2. is it possible to use a roof rack with the Open Sky sunroof?

Thanks

I have Audi A2 roof bars - found them on eBay - half dealer price.
Thule make some too.

I have a roof box for holidays, mine is a thule, but they are all out there.

Although it is publicised that bars cannot be used with OpenSky, members on here do that successfully.

Alan

Hi Alan
Thanks - I guess if you using roof bars you shouldn't try and open the OpenSky roof, is that the issue? I take it the frame itself is strong enough to handle having a Thule on it in that case?

I've found some Genuine OE Audi A2 roof bars for sale, just wanted to double check, they will still fit even though I've got OpenSky?

I have a set of genuine Audi bars and they work fine with OpenSky, as long as you don't try opening the roof with them on.

I've had 50+kilos on there with no ill effect to the mechanism or the panels - get a set with confidence.

Cheers,

Mike

Roof box

Hi all
I'm a newb here, been lurking for a few days as am currently mooting downsizing from an A4 to an A2 - great information in this forum and some very knolwedgeable members, glad to find it!

Anyway, I have a couple of questions
1. does anyone use a roof rack/roof box on the A2 - if so, who makes them?
2. is it possible to use a roof rack with the Open Sky sunroof?

Thanks

Hi mate, just bought my first a2, and just joined this site. (good one) and slowly finding my way around it!

We are going away for the weekend and are looking for a roof box, if you get any good answers could you pass them on to me. I am got 1.6 FSI storm.

Thanks in advance.

andrew.

Welcome!
Well I've not found a roof box yet, but I have got myself the OE Audi A2 roof bars - picked up a pair off Ebay - so I'm half way there. I think the main thing about roof boxes is to find one that you think is big enough, but make sure you don't over-load them weight-wise (people look to be saying no more than 40-50Kg?) ? I did pop up to Halfrauds the other day and they do have a wide range - they all look to do the job for varying budgets!

Back