room for dog

nicky

Has anyone got a dog? and what size dog do you think would fit in my A2?? We are getting a labrador sized dog and I was wondering if anyone has a dog this size in their A2..........:)

Have had my girlfriends sister's husky in the back of mine no problems, although I did take out the false floor.

dog

hi, i have a 3 year old black labrador and she fits perfect in the back and is also able to see out back window:)

That's great thanks, didn't want to part with my A2 and get an estate!lol i feel much better about taking the dog in the boot now, and yes might have to remove the false floor for more headroom!:)

He does go in with it but i just thought he sits alot lower behind the seat which would help if involved in a front end smash, would stop him flying forward (and i don't use a dog guard).

I'll post a photo later of him in the back

Phil

yes thanks Grim Reeper:) yes I have also thought about moving the front seats to upright as we may still need the two seats for passengers as well the ramp looks like a good idea too!

Mine 11 now and getting a bit stiff so just got that to help, when we have the seats forward some people don't like travelling to far like that as it is bolt upright

Phil

yes a photo would be great, i have thought of a dog guard though see how it goes:)

We have never used one in any car with him he's been great as long as he can look out the window he's happy, just need to sort out a proper cover to cover the back of the rear seats and the boot

Phil

Yes we will see how it goes without the guard, and we will look for some black seat covers as the interior is black:)

I carry a flatcoat retriever in mine ( who weighs in at 40kg/6 stone) after previously using an A6 estate....! However i have left the false floor as the compartment under is very handy for towel, water, walking boots, waterproof etc etc without cluttering up the car. I bought a large bedspread in Ikea in pale grey which nicely matches the grey upholstery colour and bought a dirt trapper mat also in grey which I cut to fit the boot floor. The black dog hair nicely matches the black side carpet trim, lol!

I should have got one with a light cream interior for mine lol, must say the tailgate trim does look the same colour and about as hairy as Maverick now lol

Phil

As promised here's Maverick in the boot, i like the last one he got fed up of posing and decide enough is enough and layed down lol

Cheers Phil

Ps i've got some of the oil pack holders in the boot that hold POOP bags ect... as i've taken the false floor out and they just stick to the back of the seats, very handy ;)

Attachments

• 18072009113.jpg
    18072009113.jpg
    440 KB · Views: 414
  • 18072009114.jpg
    18072009114.jpg
    417.8 KB · Views: 197
We have two german pointers (taller thinner labrador sized) and they both travel in the back of the A2 with the false floor in, although we do tilt the seats to forward position if there are no passengers. They are fine and even both manage to sleep after a good walk.

Have you got any photos of them in the car?, would be nice to see what it looks like with 2 in the back.

Maverick didn't like it with the false floor in, he setles better with it out (tryed both ways)

Phil

Must admit I also have the seat backrests in the more upright setting. It does liberate a useful couple of inches. The only concern i have with the A2 for dogs is the heat build up through the almost horizontal hatch glass. Even when on the move, during summer the heat gain is quite considerable and my dog being black gets hot very quickly. Having the ' sky roof helps but it makes it even less safe to leave the dog in the car unless it is cold weather. My girlfreinds A class is better in that respect. My car having the split fold rear seat also gives me flexibility to fold or remove one half and create even more space for Lewis ( the dog, not the girlfriend, lol!).

Thats another reason for me getting the blinds, for that extra bit of protection, as you can also wind the rear windows down but you still get darkened cabin as the stay up in the window

Phil

Back