rubber floor mats

Status
Not open for further replies.

gerard

hey dudes,

we got the rubber floor mats for our a2 and the first weekend we had it i cleaned it. when i removed the front floor mats i noticed that there were two little poking-out thingies on each footwell that snapped into the rubber mats.

i accidently pushed them in (they pushed in rather easily) and now i can't get them out again!

i assumed they go in and out so that if you have the rubber mats you can snap them on as they are thicker then the stock ones...

so now, my rubber mats slide around as i can't snap them into the thingies...

the rear mats are still snapped into the thingies as i was carefull not to press them in when i cleaned the mats....

any tips?

i tried lifting up the carpet and opening the floorboard cover thing and couldn't figure out how to push the thingies back out....

-gerard
matt2.jpg

2003 1.6 SE FSI Cobalt Blue & 1968 Dodge Charger

Hey Gerard,
If you can't get at the lug (the bit that sticks out) then you'll probably have to get at it from behind and push it out - good luck

Shaf

Nov 2002 TDi Sport, Silver,Black/grey interior,climate. Replaced previous Mar 2001 TDi SE

yeah, i tried that...

i even lifted out the floor panel thing and tried to push the lug out...

maybe i should try hitting the lug with a big hammer....

thanks,
gerard

Maybe a rubber mallet may be more appropriate. I would have thought it would have just pushed back in reverse to what you did initially.

Shaf

Nov 2002 TDi Sport, Silver,Black/grey interior,climate. Replaced previous Mar 2001 TDi SE

ah ha!

the dealer just tried to sell me some other part to hold the mats in... heh heh...

so when i got home i looked on the standard mats that came with the car and i notices there was a little thinging stuck to the mats, i took them off and put them on the rubber mats and now they are secured properly and don't slide around...

looks like the dealer forgot to move them from the standard mats to the rubber mats when they switched them out...

-gerard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back