running in period for 1.6 FSI

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

tl36265

I've got a 1.6 FSI SE and it's doing quite poor MPG - the best I've managed so far is 38mpg over a long journey driving very smoothly at 80mph with the aircon off, the sunnie shut and not accelerating harshly. On shorter journey's it averages about 35mpg even at quite reasonable speeds (average of 50mph.) It's got 1,500 on the clock now so when should I expect to see the fuel economy improve? Any ideas

Hi:

I am waiting my new FSI in this moment. Within one month I will compare with you these numbers.

While I´ll invite to read this:

http://www.pege.org/fuel/lesson.htm

Regards

AUDI A2 1.6 FSI Amulet Red - Open Sky - S-Line - Alpine 7998-R + Infinity Kappa + Parrot CK-3000

My experience with the FSI has been an improvement in fuel consumption after about 3000 miles. October 2002 - Jan 2003 was about 46.5 average, whilst I'm now getting about 49 (4,800 miles).
Apart from the engine loosening-up, there is probably an effect with the warmer weather and less night-time running. I have also realised that the advice in the manual seems correct, changing up at 2000 rpm so that you go to 1500 (minimum recommended) in the next gear. It seems really odd in a petrol car, and you certainly need more engine speed to get quick performance. I suspect this is why the magazines fail to achieve good consumption.
Note that my base model car has no extras, so it is lighter and has no energy-consuming a/c; and my shortest cold trip is 6 miles.

I was showing about 34mpg on my 2000 mile 1.4 petrol A2 around town/city. Not that good as my 1.6 Leon was doing about 31mpg!.

My 1.6 Corolla does 32mpg over the same routes. I don't think the petrol A2's give as good a consumption figure as Audi would have us believe!.

Steve - 2002 1.4SE petrol, Silver, black/black interior, Then an identical replacement 2003 A2. Now a Toyota Corolla 1.6 T-Spirit

Too true. My A2 1.4 petrol gives almost 36mpg currently, but my A4 1.8 petrol gives me 32.5mpg so I'm not that impressed tbh.

[img=left]http://homepage.ntlworld.com/adriancharles/a2ade.gif[/img=left]Ade
spacer.gif
spacer.gif
UK Owners Page 24
s.gif
My Home Page
s.gif
Mail me

Audi A2 1.4SE (2003): Azure Blue
s.gif
Build Wk40/2002
Factory fit: OpenSky
s.gif
Climate
s.gif
Driver Information System
s.gif
Acoustic Parking
s.gif
Lumbar Adjustment
Retrofit: Rear Cup Holder
s.gif
2003 Wiper
s.gif
Rear Door Blinds
s.gif
Centre Tray
s.gif
Elasticated Belt
s.gif
Grille Strips

For what it's worth my Fsi gives me 41.5 mpg after 5000 miles but this is increasing slowly. Unfortunately most of my miles are on my daily commute which is only 15 miles and very stop start...

Dolphin Grey 1.6 FSI SE with Red Leather, ECC, DIS & Symphony 6 CD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back