ryd4 RS8's

if your talking to me, they were 17" with 205/40's. they were great with standard suspention..

Mmmm beware...

Just watch these rims guys, I used to have a set on my A2. The replica's come in a 35 or a 38 ET (35's FIT the A2 from memory) however if you put new breakpads on (or your pads are fairly new) the inside of the wheel hub will rub your break caliper...so beware! to get round this I had a mate lathe the inside to stop the caliper rubbing...you can also just ignore the grinding sound for about 3 miles and let the caliper ware away the alloy? your choice. Just on the rims themselves; yes they do ride well BUT they are really easy to damage i.e. chip. Once you've penatrated the laquer finish thoughs shiney rims look awful!! the metal oxidises turning the exposed metal "cloudy" Anyways, just a word of warning! p.s. make sure you get your camber right with these rims they can cause vicious tire ware if its not SPOT on!

I have heard this about these wheels - chipping easily.

BUT DAMN... I like them. Are they worth the hassle and money if they are not gonna look god in the future?

Where can I get Mam Nuvo's?

G Funk said:
I have heard this about these wheels - chipping easily.

BUT DAMN... I like them. Are they worth the hassle and money if they are not gonna look god in the future?

If indeed these rims do chip easily, (as Primea2 says), and have a very thin lacquer coat, then I would urge caution on spending your hard earned on a set.

Many years ago, I purchased a nice set of 17" jap chrome finished rims, which really did look the part. I spent time and effort lavashing them on weekends; but despite my best efforts, come winter, the road salt corroded them badly. :mad: A full 'non chrome' refurb was needed and to be fair, they lasted well after that.

If you do decide that you must have a set, then replace them with your original wheels during those few weeks that the gritter visits. Another option may be to pick up a second hand set at a nice cheap price and get them refurbed with a stronger coating and lacquer finish.

Best of British!!

Cheers,

Darren

Nah,

Don't do it man! way to many problems!! I had my replica's sanded back and sprayed silver with the inset slats on the spokes done in Dolphin Grey looked really smart...5 days later the A2 got written off!! Me personally I'd get some rep's of the RS7's! perhaps gloss them a different colour to give a different look. The polished rims just arnt worth the hastle!

Back