S-Line or Normal A2?

pechacheli

I wonder if any can help me. I bought an A2 1.6 FSI Sport (2002) in August this year. I looked into what the this model offered compared to the others
on offer and chose this model as I wanted the Sporty feel and handling. The 17" Alloys and sports suspension make handling a dream. The sport seats help to keep you supported whist the power and agility make for a go-kart feel.

However having checked this website out, I noticed that there is an Audi A2 S line. I have read a review from someone who owns one on another website and from what they describe my car seems to have the same spec (minus the leather seating).

Can anyone tell what's the signifcant difference between the A2 FSI Sport and the S-Line?

Many thanks.

P.

I don't think they made an S-line in the UK - only for the rest of the European market. I think it's essentially a Sport model with a few more bits'n bobs. I am guessing Skipton's new tank is about as close to the S-line as you'll get (with the retrofitted black headlining etc).

B

Yep basically a sport. But the s-line has the s-line badges (obviously) a black head lining and a perforated leather steering wheel with s-line badge and a perforated leather gear knob.
You can get the badges from Vagparts or E-bay if you fancy it. I've fitted them to mine and they do look good. they go on the rear end of the moulding on the rear doors.

I still fancy fitting an s-line steering wheel if I can find one at a reasonable price on Ebay. Someone on the forum has done and posted pictures. (I believe one of an A4 fits with slight modifications)

Many thanks all for answering my query.

I did notice on a photo in the gallery that someone has got a trim added to the bottom of the doors and the on the bottom of the front bumper. Does anyone know where you can get those items?

Cheers.

pechacheli said:
Many thanks all for answering my query.

I did notice on a photo in the gallery that someone has got a trim added to the bottom of the doors and the on the bottom of the front bumper. Does anyone know where you can get those items?

Cheers.
Do you mean Dubbsy's body kit this is an aftermarket kit which is fitted by Audi i think i read somewhere that the Audi Garage in Guildford Surrey is the main supplier of this kit .....

Hi guys

When I bought the car from Audi, the bodykit was penned in the advert as being an Audi bodykit so I presume it's available as an accessory? However, on checking the underside of the tail spoiler, I notice the part is produced by MS Design. I've checked their web site and done a general search on Google but can't find the kit anywhere as an aftermarket accessory. I'm speaking to Wayside Audi where I bought the car about the kit at the moment as the side and rear skirts haven't been fitted that well so will try and find out whether it's sold as an Audi accessory or if they got if off the back of a lorry!

The side and rear skirts, as well as the front skirt and spoiler are all available as Audi accessories, either together or separately. They are not cheap though - £160+VAT for the spoiler alone, and that is unpainted!

I just want to emphasise what others have said - the S-line was never made for, or allowed to be imported into the UK. It is effectively an A2 sport, with an all black interior, including the headlining, perforated leather trim and revised badging.

I'm almost certain though that Audi were planning an S2 version of the A2. I have obtained an S2 badge from the Neckarsulm factory and it came as a complete badge (ie not an "S" and a "2", but "S2"). Now I know that there was an RS2, but that used a different badge style, pre-dating the current S style.

I don't know what they were planning to put into the engine bay, but it would have been a cracking car, if they'd managed to get the power down!!

Fraid not ULP, the typeface has changed.

I doubt if the Busa engine would have the torque for the A2, I know it goes like stink in a Westfield, but that car is about 500Kg lighter!

Back