Sat Nat Question

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi

Does anyone know if the A2 has a heat refelcting windscreen?

I am thinking of buying a sat nav system and apparently if your car has a reflecting screen its best to buy an external attenae

Also am in two minds on which to buy
Halfords are selling the Navman 510 for £299 which is a great deal although the newer version the 520 is on some web sites for £349

I have seen mixed reviews on the 510 so any feedback welcome

Thanks

Antony

We have a TomTom Go 300, which seems to work fine without an external antenna...

lion.jpg

we also have a tom tom .
no problems-and a very good unit.
cheers

andy

1.4TDI SE, DIS ,Leather ,CD ,ipod ,Climate ,Road Angel ,Tom Tom Go.

No the A2 does not have a heat reflecting windscreen, my origin blue i instructions said the same and it works fine

A2 TDI Sport Leather, climate control, Bose cruise control

I have two different sat navs and used to have an electronic TAG for the barriers at the Dartford crossing. All them warned they won't work with reflecting screens and all did and do work perfectly in the A2. So you don't need to worry. And anyways with the new GPS things you don't have to have the receiver in the windscreen at all. My TomTom bluetooth receiver travels in the tray under my handbrake with no problems. I've even heard of people mounting them INSIDE the boot and they still work!!!

____________________________________________________________________________________
[img=left]http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2002-2/11882/a2andme2.gif[/img=left]
2001 A2 TDI SE Crystal Blue with Open Sky, 6CD Symphony II, BOSE upgrade, DIS and HALF a winterpack

iPAQ 4150 with TomTom+CoPilot bluetooth, rear cupholders, luggage net, fire extinguisher and floppy wiper

http://www.a2oc.net/pic_show.asp?picid=1572&type=1 On www.A2OC.net pictures UK160 to UK183

No probs using a Garmin system either. If you purchase a system and it has a windscreen sucker mount take the GPS and the mount out of the car when the car is left. GPS thefts are going throught the roof and theives are breaking in to cars where windscreen mounts are left in place as 9 times out of 10 the GPS is still in the car.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back