Say goodbye, Wave Hello

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skipton01

Admin Team
Well, the Little Tank went west (literally) last week. A chap from Chester (who also has an A6) will now continue its journey and I wish him all the best.

Only a week to go until the new, 90PS, chapter begins. Having to carshare a Yaris is only serving to heighten my anticipation for the new Tank.

I daresay I'll keep the forum updated as to how it goes.[23]

A2 TDI SE 2001 Ebony Black Pearl (The Little Tank!) Soon to be TDi 90 Sport with the full monty and red leather!

Hi Skipton,

Full monty and red leather sounds great!!! Whats the full spec?

Kaine

P.S. Once you've had red leather any other colour looks dull!!

I've yet to see an A2 with red leather 'in the flesh', as it were, although I saw a picture in the 2004 spec brochure.
I must say that in the picture at least, it looked as though the driver must have been an abattoir worker...........very blood red.

Having said that, my seats are Margaret Thatcher blue. Looks good though.

James

Very red but looks good with the right exterior colour

eg. http://www.a2oc.net/pic_display.asp?id=1501

Don't drink drive! Not only is it socially unaceptable, it also harms A2's.
Was a Merlot Red 1.4SE petrol originally.
Now an Ebony Black 1.4SE petrol with Red Leather, CC, Symphony + all the previous options we had.

Photo`s don`t do this combination any justice it looks a boat load better in the flesh

A2 TDI Sport Gone but Not Forgotten.

A3 TDI DSG, What do i do with my left arm and leg now ?

Hi Rob,
Just noticed the arm rest/door handles of your car are also in red leather. I hope this is not standard as I really only wanted the seats to be the only red part of the interior (I'm only 6 days away from delivery now). Having told this to my dealer, he said this part would only be in red leather if I ordered the matching trim pack - ie leather steering wheel, gear knob, handbrake and carpet mat edging - all colour matched red. Could be in for a shock next week![13]

A2 TDI SE 2001 Ebony Black Pearl (The Little Tank!) Soon to be TDi 90 Sport with the full monty and red leather!

I think thats right Skipton.
There was some confusion with ours as it was an insurance replacement. We asked for the full monty matching leather (controls pack I think) but only got half - door panels and carpet trims.
Since then I have added the steering wheel, gear knob and gaiter and handbrake cover for the full effect. It may sound OTT but it works well together.

Don't drink drive! Not only is it socially unaceptable, it also harms A2's.
Was a Merlot Red 1.4SE petrol originally.
Now an Ebony Black 1.4SE petrol with Red Leather, CC, Symphony + all the previous options we had.

Well Kaine, here goes:

1.4 TDi Sport (90), in Ebony Black Pearlescent paint. OpenSky, red leather interior, climate control, fog lights, boot floor, frant and rear mats, DIS, electric windows all-round, winter pack, ISOfix preparation, black head-liner, Blaupunkt Woodstock DAB 54 head unit (records to SD card!). About the only things I'm not speccing are the Bose system (not worth the price difference) and Sat Nav(I'll be using my Ipaq, the Audi unit is not ideally placed anyway).
The car will also be fettled by CCCTech soon, to produce something worthy of the Sport badge![24]

My dealer now tells me that the new tank is still a week away, that it's been sat on the dockside in Germany waiting for a transporter! Talk about too much info! Good job the A2 is made from aluminium, otherwise a week of salty air could take its toll.
Can't wait - CAN'T BLOODY WAIT!!!!!!!![2]

I'm sure you'll be very happy with your new car Skipton. I've had mine 2 weeks now and covered 800 miles and am very chuffed with it! I love all that torque :)

2004 1.4 TDi (90) SE, Cobalt Blue, Climate control, Cruise control, DIS, Sport seats, Winter pack, Symphony II.

CAN'T BLOODY WAIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just been to the dealers today, who says it'll now be OCTOBER before he can 'get me in it'.

At least he's delivering a courtesy A2 for me tomorrow, which I can keep until the new tank arrives.

Vorsprung Durch Technik - as Jim Royale might say, my ***![32]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back