SE and Sport

My search for a 1.6 continues after being shafted by a dealer who sold a car I was on my way to pickup from Oxford, I wouldn't have minded so much had I and the missus not taken the afternoon off.

Anyway, I was originally after a 1.6 sport but have seen quite a few SE's with the sport wheels on was the sport suspension an option for the SE?

how can I tell if the option was fitted? are the arches any wider and does the car sit any lower?

Thanks

The seats are different in a sport the bolsters on the seats are larger. SE seats are flatter. Don't know how you tell on the suspension though??

The seats are different in a sport the bolsters on the seats are larger. SE seats are flatter. Don't know how you tell on the suspension though??

Is that still the case with the Storm editions? as I've set my mind on one of these and from the pictures I've seat the seas squab looks the same

I've just read the spec on your A2, thats a crazy spec, did it come as is or did you add any of the options? those are the options I'm after, I've yet to see a car advertised with your spec

The only thing I've added is the Clarion Ipod kit. The TV,DVD and Sat nav are all after market add ons the bill for which is at the thick end of £2000.

My missus love it!! have to admit so do I! just wish it had factory Xenons then it would be complete!!

My search for a 1.6 continues after being shafted by a dealer who sold a car I was on my way to pickup from Oxford, I wouldn't have minded so much had I and the missus not taken the afternoon off.

Anyway, I was originally after a 1.6 sport but have seen quite a few SE's with the sport wheels on was the sport suspension an option for the SE?

how can I tell if the option was fitted? are the arches any wider and does the car sit any lower?

Thanks

The sport suspension has -10mm sports springs, hard to tell by appearance but the bone crunching ride quality combined with 17" sport wheel should be a tip :)

The Sport's, er... sporty, ride is very noticeable and 40 profile rubber is not very forgiving when mated to the sports springs...lol.

Another dead giveaway, in addition to the heavily bolstered seats, is that the sport has a 3 spoke steering wheel compared to the SE's 4 spoke.

Brian

... though you can specify the 3 spoke steering wheel on an SE as we did.

The 17" RS4 type wheels look nice but are more easily kerbed and make the ride even harder IMHO.

Back