Se front and rear speakers

irfan a8

I have an se tdi with 6cd changer in the boot I'm only getting sound from front 2 speakers and there is no option for fader I'm assuming that means there are no rear speakers connected is that the standard setup or is something not right? thanks for any help

Not all A2s have rear speakers, I don't know the different ages models have them or not.

The easiest way to find out is remove the grill cover off the tweeter speaker on the back door. You will soon see if there is one there or not.

If you don't have rear speakers I understand it's a big job to put the wiring in place.

David

Remove the tweeter grill.

It does not depend on age.
As standard there were front speakers. But even with the cheapest Chorus head unit some or most A2 have rear speakers (ordered as an option).
So I am wondering if an A2 with CD changer does not have rear speakers.
I think most A2 with better head unit than standard, Concert or Synfonie or NaviPlus have rear speakers.

mines is a 52 plate tdi 1.4 se concert stereo and i have rear speakers and tweeters. result :)

The concert and above come with rear speakers as standard, if you have a chorus you don't regardless of whether you have a 6cd changer and if you have bose you automatically get 8 speakers + a sub woofer

Chris

Back