SE or not SE?

Keithb

I'm about to start looking at A2's again and a few standard base speccers have popped up on my searches.

I only experienced my SE for a week but I kind of liked the big fancy sunroof (optional I know), the climate, and the four electric windows. Are the differences between the base spec A2's and the SE spec A2's huge? I can't find any spec lists anywhere.

I'm assuming they would drive exactly the same, its just the SE's have a few more frills (like climate and four electric windows)?

thanks.
K.

P.S. I'm looking at 51+ plate TDI's. :)

There are many small differences between standard and SE spec cars, but just to clarify one point, SE cars do not have all-round electric windows as standard.

All SEs have leather wheel, gearstick boot and handbrake grips as standard, illuminated vanity mirrors, false boot floor and retractable cover over the boot.

Later SEs had climate control as standard and many, many cars will have been ordered with the long-running offer that Audi had, which was metallic paint and climate for £250.

Front fog lights and 6-spoke 16" wheels were also standard, as was a single slot cd player from 2002 onwards.

Cheers,

Mike

The base model can be quite well appointed,dependent on the extras specified by the original owner.

Mine is a base model, but has some nice optional extras, including the climate control.

Nige. :cool:

Hey chaps thanks for your advice. Fingers crossed the stock 1.4 TDI I'm checking out at the weekend has a few added extras. :)

Back