Seat belts!!

Redders

Just taken our week old baby out for his first trip in the A2. He loved the car but I had a real problem getting his seat in.

Everytime I pulled the seat belt out it would lock and the only way to get it to release was to let it retract right back in. This wouldn't be to much of a problem but as the seat has a fixed base I had to unhook that to get it to fully retract!!

I tried the front seat and had the same problem, is it just me being a new parent or are all A2 belts like this?

Hi Redders
Were you parked on a slope by any chance ? This sometimes causes the seatbelt mechanism to partially activate and the slightest tug fully locks the belt.

Cheers Spike

No it was on the flat outside my house. Lets just hope there is a nack to it and a bit of practice will sort us out!!

seat belts

I think most seat belts are like that, well most that I have had are. You have to pull the belt smoothly and fairly slowly, or the mechanism thinks it's a crash and locks, the more frustrated you get the more it stays locked. Treat it gently like caressing a woman.

I think this is a feature of the seatbelts designed to secure a childseat without relying on the inertia feature, in cars I have previously owned if you pull the seatbelt out fully it then retracts on a ratchet, the only way to cancel this feature is to let the belt retract fully.

Back