Seat Cleaning

alexm

Hello all,

can any one recommend a good way of cleaing the cirrus cloth seats? I've spilled water on both front seats and its left very bad water marks which look dubious to say the least!! :mad: Is there some type of 'scotch guard that can be applied to prevent further staining?

cheers.

Clean Image in Chelmsford can help, I can't reccommend them highly enough, I inherited a 50k old Passat as a company car that had never been cleaned or serviced (original & illegal tyres too) that had been used by a heavy smoker who by the looks of it left his coffee cup on the passenger seat every morning, Clean image got rid of the smoke smell and sorted out the stains, only thing they couldn't sort was the fag burns in the headlining, steering wheel, seats, console and carpets!!! Wayside at Towcester sorted the engine, servicing, tyres, smashed taillight, missing wheeltrim, fitting cruise control and changed the radio which was broken.
The car was 20 months old!!!

We hired a 'Rug Doctor' machine from Homebase for a day - did the carpets in the house, then used the upholstery tool on the car seats and overmats with the recommended solutions to suit. Quite effective and the hire was less than £15. You have to buy the solutions etc. but they keep until next time. We have plenty of next times, as there are 3 dogs in the house!

Last edited:
That rug doctor sounds great value, Clean Image was £180 for the odour removal and internal valet, it did make the car drivable though (+the company paid).

Thanks for the advice!!

Gray B did you use the cleaning solutions you can purchase when hiring the cleaner?

cheers

alexm said:
Thanks for the advice!!

Gray B did you use the cleaning solutions you can purchase when hiring the cleaner?

cheers

I think they are the Rug Doctor branded ones. I'd have to look in the garage. Of course, you have to use a little care as there is a bit of water involved - dont let it get in anything electrical! The vacuum part does a good job of sucking it up though, which is what lifts the dirt.

Back