Seat options

sco

A2OC Donor
Looking for an A2 I'm finding quite a few that have pretty hideous seat colours. How easy is it to swap seats / are they readily available on the s/h market / what do they typically go for?

Some of the door cards are colour coded too so are these straight forward to swap to match any new seat or switch to black?

Simon.

They are all relatively easy to swap over. The back seats especially as they are just click in. The front seats require 4 x bolts to be undone on each and the airbag cable once the battery has been disconnected and system discharged. The fixings for the door cards are hidden in the armrests and behind the tweeter grilles.

Cloth seats are very cheap to buy. A good set recently sold on the forum for around £80 I believe. Leather on the other hand is far more expensive. A good set of SE spec leather will be worth around £400-£500 whereas Sport leather anything from £500-£750 depending on colour and whether its heated etc.

Hope this helps.

Last edited:
Also note - you cannot fit a bench seat(3person) into a split seat car (2person) and the other way around. Cheers Mike

Thanks both!

With the rear seat 2 vs. 3 seat options then are there floor pan differences that make it impossible to fit a 2 to a 3 or vice versa?

Simon.

In a word, yes. The floorplans are different and not modifiable. They are essentially two different cars!

I would recommend the sport seats as they offer extra support and lumbar support, a retrofit can be done to enable the lumbar support to work. Good to see another potential A2 owner in Northants. Where abouts in Northants are you?

When I had the leather & alcantara sports seats with lumbar support fitted by Timmus a while ago I gave away my set of four perfect condition,scotchguarded seats to a forum member as there is just no market for them.You should be able to pick up a good condition set for peanuts,especially in the lighter colours.

I would recommend the sport seats as they offer extra support and lumbar support, a retrofit can be done to enable the lumbar support to work. Good to see another potential A2 owner in Northants. Where abouts in Northants are you?

Hi Paul - I'm just off the A5 north of Towcester, so other side of Northampton to you.

Simon.

When I had the leather & alcantara sports seats with lumbar support fitted by Timmus a while ago I gave away my set of four perfect condition,scotchguarded seats to a forum member as there is just no market for them.You should be able to pick up a good condition set for peanuts,especially in the lighter colours.

It's the lighter colours I'm trying to avoid but the blues are the worst (IMO).

Back