Second Key immobilizer coding

Hello i need to code second (spare) key to start my car (A2 late 2002 1.4aua engine).
I already bay a new immobilizer chip (id48). I know that the procedure is with vag com ,and have some questions about it.
First question is: can i do the procedure with vag com lite 1.2 (kkl cable). I already have the 7 or 4 (don't remember have it on paper in my home) dig security code for my car.
Second question is: that the procedure i need to follow for my car (http://www.ross-tech.com/vag-com/cars/Immo3-key-matching.html)
So wen i know the security code i basically start from 6. point in that manual.
Third question is: Do i need new immobilizer chip (new id48) for my original car key?

Last edited:
Hello i need to code second (spare) key to start my car (A2 late 2002 1.4aua engine).
I already bay a new immobilizer chip (id48). I know that the procedure is with vag com ,and have some questions about it.
First question is: can i do the procedure with vag com lite 1.2 (kkl cable). I already have the 7 or 4 (don't remember have it on paper in my home) dig security code for my car.
Second question is: that the procedure i need to follow for my car (http://www.ross-tech.com/vag-com/cars/Immo3-key-matching.html)
So wen i know the security code i basically start from 6. point in that manual.
Third question is: Do i need new immobilizer chip (new id48) for my original car key?

I can't comment on what Vag com lite can do, but that procedure you have linked to is the same procedure that I use once I have the login code (which I get from my other cable and VAG com commander)

You do not need to use a new chip in the existing key, just in the new one. But make sure that you follow the process for ALL keys at the same time (old and new) so in your case enter 2 in the number of keys.

Keep one key far away from the steering column (put it on the passenger seat, to make sure it is out of range while you do the other key).

You should be ok.

Steve B

Back