Second Service

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mart

Hi all, well its time for my second service for my tdi, I knew that this would be expensive. I rang one of my local Audi dealerships asking for a quote on a second service for my tdi and pointed out that I would do some serious shopping around and wanted the best price! Doh got full standard quote of £379.. and the girl pointed out that it was likely that my brake fluid would need changing, oh yeah, how much £88 wtf!!! Anyway kind of found someone that quoted £300 for full service, so I strolled into my local Audi dealership, asked for a service chap, was met by an approachable guy, pointed out that I wanted a sensible quote, mentioned the slightly madeup quote, and he matched it, also asked how much of the quote was taken up with the oil, about £80, he was ok with taking the cost of the oil from the quote if I supplied my own so I'm gonna buy that from Oilman (thats his name on this forum, and others) so I'm likely to save £120 just for a bit of neck and wise buying. I'll do the brakes myself and it'll probably cost me £15-20 for the fluid.

Its worth getting face to face and trying for a deal!

Azure Blue A2 TDI SE

I just had my A2 serviced by a VW main agent, A lot cheaper than my Audi dealer, £249 inc. Vat. They would have done the brake fluid for £60 (Audi charged me £100 inc vat last time). They also cleared 2 "transient faults", this must have been my earlier brake problem, Mr Audi said "don't worry about it, and the diagnostics will not record the problem", well it did didn't it? Dangerous or what?
I admit I did tell Mr VW that I would only give them the business for a better deal than Mr Audi, they reduced the labour by 10% and the parts by 5%, I guessed the labour to be £66 per hour assuming a 2 hour job, I believe Mr Audi charges around £110 per hour, well that was last time.
Mr VW also offered to collect and deliver the car,( but a week wait for a slot), and when I dropped the car off they offered to run me home 'cos I get V tired with the chemo. Like a fool I walked home, less than a mile but I was cream crackered and had to rest several times, I suppose I will have to get real regards walking.
Oh, I nearly forgot, they also cleaned the inside of the car, as well as the normal wash and leather.
I suppose the moral of this story is shop around.

wow my A2 is due for a service soon think I will consider VW main agent 2£49 sounds good but is this for the long life service

1.4 PETROL A2 BLACK WITH OPEN SKY AND REAR BENCH SEAT

God did think i could better that price but i found ex audi/vw trained garage use to work at my local audi garage for 20 years set up his own service place and can give long life service to my A2 for just £180 or small service for just £90 things just get better with this little car

Tempting - unless you want a dealer stamp in the service book to persuade a wavering buyer in the future....

Tempting but what is a dealer stamp worth these days

I couldnt find an independant that I was confident could cope with the A2, it doesnt take much to c*** it up. That's why I used the main VW agent, they did everything by the book and even used the bonnet cover! It's still enough money for the work done, and as you say the parts are expensive, especially the oil, but I doubt if I would have got an acceptable deal if I had turned up with a bag of spares and a can of oil. I've done my time under cars, ships engine rooms etc. I let someone else do it.Then moan about the price.

I totally agree with you hollyrescue. Much prefer a VW agent service my A2 there are a lot of cowboys out there. I paid hard cash for my A2 so its worth paying a little extra to keep it on the road. If anyone wants to pay heaps of money for a car then spend peanuts looking after it well thats down to them. I know that me for one doesnt.

quote:Originally posted by andy_olive

Tempting but what is a dealer stamp worth these days

The punter who is looking at buying your car will make a big deal out of it! It's about protecting the resale value. I alsways look through the service book of a car I'm thinking of buying. Of course, as the car gets older, then that's less of an issue and - sure - a VW service stamp would probably still carry some weight.

car had its 2nd long life service at a VW agent and it was £292.00 which I didnt think was too bad. Now going back to Audi dealer as the indicators have packed up. Very intermmitant and slow (when they work that is) its amazing how often you use them only notice it when they dont work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back