Secret Bose?

apip

I just swapped my A2 1.4TDi SE for an older, higher spec one (leather, open sky, satnav, CD changer). Although it's not listed as having a Bose system, and definitely hasn't got a subwoofer, the sound is far better than the old one, and in the driver's floor well is an amp with the correct part number for the Bose system.

So it seems to me the Bose parts must have been factory fitted so that this high spec A2 could easily be converted to full Bose with just a sub.

Could I add a sub now? Or am I dreaming the whole thing?

Double check that part number - the Bose part is 035 223 A (the A is important). If that is the case, then yes - order a sub and either run wiring in to it, or if you're really lucky, that will be already there too.

Hi, i had a 2001 new beetle and traded it in for a 2004 beetle, the 2001 stereo was far better quality, also seat cloth quality was better and even the boot latch which was an aluminium grab handle had been removed. I think manufacturers reduce quality in some area's and try to charge the same!

Emm

Sorry, I was just dreaming, after all. No "A" on the part number. I thought it was a bit small for a Bose amp. But they do say Bose is a rip off that stands for Buy Other Sound Equipment. But this 02 reg Tdi se definitely sounds far better than the 53 reg tdi se did. So I don't think I'll be looking to upgrade it (apart from iPod). I used to have Y reg, and that sounded OK too.

Apip,

If you can make it to Castle Coombe in October for the Audi Driver Meet, take a listen to my retro-fitted Bose system - it really does sound the bo**ocks!

Oh, and I'm speaking as a professional sound engineer, so I do know a bit about sound!

The helping factor is the Blaupunkt DAB54 headunit - it has a custom EQ setting, which when paired with a microphone to analyse the accoustics of the car makes for a really, really good sound.

I had the same rear-door amp as you and I've now got a far better sound than that, so if you think your car sounds good, just imagine what mine sounds like!

Almost thesame - note the 8E5 at the front?

The A2 starts 8Z0. They ARE the same amp, only difference is the mounting bracket. You could try modding the bracket that comes with the A4 one, but it'd be tricky - the A2s has a strange 'Z' shape to it.

These are never the same Amps! Every Bose-amp has an equilizer insight and right these eq.'s are different in an A4 or A2. I modifieded an A4 amp for my system:
http://www.a2oc.net/forum/showthread.php?t=3761
They only look the same (same black box). But all channels exept the one for the amp in the A2-Bose-amp are cutt off from deep bass frequencies. So you can never use a bose amp for normal speakers because it also has only 20 Watt at 4 Ohms! because it uses 12 Volts inside (never more).

erstens

Back