Selbststudienprogramm

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Martin Bickel

Hi,

I recently discovered the 'Audi Selbststudienprogramme' (translation: Audi self training program) on ebay and purchased two: SSP 240 'A2 technics' and SSP 223 'the 1.2l and 1.4l TDI engine'.

These are fantastic! They are not for regular sale and are intended only for VW/Audi dealers. But on ebay you can find hundreds of them (only a fraction of them are about the A2 though). They explain how everything works: the power steering, the airconditioning, the suspension, the electrical system and everything. Now I finnaly have a power/rev diagram for the 1.2 TDI engine (maximum power is at 3700 rpm), and I've always wanted to know how a power steering or the power regulation of the aircon compressor worked.

Did you know that the power of the power steering depends on the turning speed of the steering-wheel? The faster you turn the steering wheel, the more support from the power steering you'll get.

Or that the TDI engines have a fuel cooler?

But neither of the booklets I bought is up date, both predate the A2 1.2 TDI (the engine booklet talks about the Lupo as the only car having the 1.2 TDI engine).

Martin

I can vouch for the power steering complexity as our 1.4 recently flashed up the Power Steering yellow warning symbol.

Turned out to be the steering wheel angle sensor - car had to be 4 wheel aligned to fit the part.

Car drove quite strangely with the fault. It would alternate hard and soft before finally staying firm. As alwyas the most dangerous bit being the heart attack inducing beep when the warning symbol flashed up onthe dashboard.

Dae

Dave

1.6SE

Martin
Was this EBAY.de or the world wide one?
Are they available in English?
Are they paper or electronic?
If they are disc based can you copy them?
Are there any for the body?

icon_smile_cool.gif

They are paper, DIN A4 sized and have about 80 color pages.
I bought mine on ebay.de and they are in German. I don't know if translations of them exist, but I'm sure that if they do exist you won't find them called 'Selbststudienprogramm' :)

I've found 3 issues that are specific to the A2:

239: A2 body
240: A2 technics
247: A2 engine / gearbox

The engine/gearbox does not seem to include the A2 1.2 TDI, just the 1.4 petrol and 1.4 TDI.

And then there is booklet No. 223 'the 1.2l and 1.4l TDI engine', which is not A2 specific, but covers these engines in great detail.

I've just had a quick look on ebay.co.uk but couldn't find anything that looked like a translation.

Martin

Thanks
I guess that is it for me as (sorry) i studied French and Italien in school and can only order zwei bier bitte in you language.
Your English is excellent.
Thank you for the info.
What sort of cost are they?
Do you think you could ourchase them for me if I sent you the money?
I must be ale to get someone to translate them.
Or can you investigate the possibility of an English translation from VW Audi?

icon_smile_cool.gif

I got them for about 5 to 6 EUR (including shipping). The more general ones like ESP or CAN Bus seem to reach higher prices. I can purchase them for you, no problem. But you should first check how much an international bank transfer costs, I've heard they are quite expensive.

And I absolutely don't know if there are translations. Just ask your dealer, he should know.

To get an idea what kind of self training programs are available, take a look here: http://search.ebay.de/search/search...2&ebaytag1code=77&query=selbststudienprogramm
And a goot online translator is http://dict.leo.org/...

Martin

Hi friends,
I was also purchasing the three german SSP- Papers on EBAY this year.;) They exists also as an "wild copy" as Adobe Files, but I don't have it.:(

The AUDI organisation told me in Oktober of this year, that the SSP - study programs only are distributed to authorizied AUDI repair stations and Dealers.
All paperworks had issues from 2000. After then no updates and translations exists.
Until 2001 AUDI had switch off the Paperwork of all SSP and send this with electronic licenses to the AUDI dealers. They used that for supporting and training the staff.
So for this updated SSP an offical market distribution don't exist.

Alu2000
2003 1.4 SE cobalt-blue with all german packages (HighTech, Advance and Style), winter pack, ABT front design, removable trailer-dock, sport-seats, complete ISOFIX, space-floor-and multibox, OpenSky, GSM an so on ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back