Service flap

esson

Hello, yesterday I noticed that my service flap doesn't close anymore.. Does anyone have any idea why this may happen? It does go to the position that it should be closed, but it doesn't clip, like the clip is missing or something... I'm worried about it opening while I drive.
Thanks.

The closure is adjustable - you'll see there's a bit on the flap itself that sticks out and it then catches on the lock mechanism, which is attached to the front of the car.

The bit that sticks out is adjustable with a screw - have a play around.

Cheers,

Mike

Seized/partially seized control cable is a possibility, preventing the spring return of the latch.

It ist the mechanism.
It has stuck.
Pull the handle a vew times fast (release it fast). And use some oil around that hook! The hook has stuck.

I had the same problem this winter. The hook must slide out on its own.
Otherwise there is no hook for the flap to click in.

The retaining pin that holds the flap is stuck, just the way it is on mine.:D
Have a look behind the flap for something that looks like a tooth, and try pulling it out from right to left, it will be ok. Dirt gets all over it and makes it get stuck, especially in winter.

I carry a little adjustable spanner in the boot for this reason alone as the 'tooth' never seems to come all the way back out.Just needs a little denistry pull to bring it back out then the flap locks into place....til next time....

Thanks a lot for the replies guys, sorry for my late reply but I don't have internet at my house these days.
I just got a 100-piece screwdriver set in(yay!), I'm gonna go play around 'till I fix this thing :D

Thanks again for your help!

Back