Service Interval

Status
Not open for further replies.

crb1011

My service indicator says I have 800 miles to go until the service is due but I know that its not due for another 3,000 miles. What happens when it reaches 0 and how can I reset it to show when it is actually due

1.4 PETROL A2 BLACK WITH OPEN SKY AND REAR BENCH SEAT

It is a variable indicator... Hence it actually telling you when to take the car in. Otherwise you can just take it in as you say in 3000miles. I'd advise against resetting it as it must have its reasons for wanting you to take it in sooner...

____________________________________________________________________________________
[img=left]http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2002-2/11882/a2andme2.gif[/img=left]
2001 A2 TDI SE Crystal Blue with Open Sky, 6CD Symphony II, BOSE upgrade, DIS and HALF a winterpack

iPAQ 4150 with TomTom+CoPilot bluetooth, rear cupholders, luggage net, fire extinguisher and floppy wiper

http://www.a2oc.net/pic_show.asp?picid=1572&type=1 On www.A2OC.net pictures UK160 to UK183

thanks for that its now reading 700 miles after only doing around 60 miles since it read 1100 miles think I will just try and ignore it and stick to the 30k service as and when I have done the milage. Maybe its Audi's way of getting you get a service done before its actualy required

Personally id take it in.
If you have any problems im sure the warranty wont count for anything
if you havnt had it looked at when it tells you.
It may also invalidate it in the future.
just my opinion

cheers

andy

1.4TDI SE, DIS ,Leather ,CD ,ipod ,Climate ,Road Angel ,Tom Tom Go.

the service interval for the A2 is 20,000miles or 2 years as I have the long life service. this is what the warranty cover goes on not when the car tells you when its due. And thats just my opinion too.
Anybody else wish to comment on as to when I should have the car serviced bearing in mind I still have 3k to go before I reach the 20k service interval.

20,000 miles is the MAXIMUM you can travel under ideal driving conditions.
My understanding is the ecu monitors load factor and duty cycle and estimates how quickly the oil becomes contaminated on that basis. Flat out driving on the motorway, short journeys where the engine does not get up to temperature or lots of town (stop-start) driving all have a negative effect on oil life. I'm sure some club members previously reported getting as little as 9,000 miles on the variable servicing programme so you have done quite well to get 17K.
In my opinion you should have the car serviced when the indicator tells you or the warranty may be invalidated.

Regards Spike

thanks for that information Spike. I will call the dealer in the morning and find out if I should get the car serviced now or later.

My TDi was done at 23,000 and it was still showing 2,000 to service - so 20,000+ miles is possible. A3 is showing 11,500 to go and it's on 5500.

With VSI, 30,000 is possible for TDi's & 19,000 for petrol. Otherwise it's 10,000 fixed servicing.
Our petrol managed only 9500 before wanting its first variable service as most of it's journeys are short - but it was still 18 months.

Don't drink drive! Not only is it socially unaceptable, it also harms A2's.
Was a Merlot Red 1.4SE petrol originally.
Now an Ebony Black 1.4SE petrol with Red Leather, CC, Symphony + all the previous options we had.

My March 2004 1.4 Petrol has only got 6600 miles on the clock.. The Service indicator shows 100 Miles left.. I inquired at my dealer about 1st Service Prices 325 squids.. Went to a independent here in Reading 96 squids. Is the first Service just a lub job or is it more involved..?? Would I void my Warranty if I took it to an Independent.

Our 1.4 TDi SE, was new on an 02 reg, we do 25-28 per year.

Our has had two services, around 30,000 miles, although the read out said 32,xxx miles both times. We are around 9000 from the next service, cars spends it's life on the motorways, around 60-70 mph.

bba

I have done around 17k since my first long life service and I estimate that I would have covered 18k by the time its serviced. Most of this milage is around 15 mile short trips to work and back over an eighteen month period. Been quoted around £300 approx for the service at an Audi dealer and £290 actual quote from the VW dealer. As I have a VW based warranty on the car I have booked it in with the VW dealer who will use Audi parts. This is still cheaper than my Peugeot service which was a staggering £365 for a major service. Just didnt expect to have the car serviced quite so early

I'm on variable servicing from the day I bought the car in 2001 and to the dot it asked for a service at 32000 and 64000 miles... I drive it fairly hard too. Car is now on 75000 and is now saying service in 6000 miles?! So not sure why it changed all of a sudden as the next one should have been at 96000...

____________________________________________________________________________________
[img=left]http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2002-2/11882/a2andme2.gif[/img=left]
2001 A2 TDI SE Crystal Blue with Open Sky, 6CD Symphony II, BOSE upgrade, DIS and HALF a winterpack

iPAQ 4150 with TomTom+CoPilot bluetooth, rear cupholders, luggage net, fire extinguisher and floppy wiper

http://www.a2oc.net/pic_show.asp?picid=1572&type=1 On www.A2OC.net pictures UK160 to UK183

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back