Service Plan

Status
Not open for further replies.

anddy

Ufff...
I am confused...
Since I bought this car I make oil and filters change at 15.000Km. It is good?
I will reach 75.000Km next month (I think) and I have to change the distribution set. Is this corect?

Thank youuuuu :)

A2 RSline 1.4 Sky|Nav|Winter|ABT

Engine belt, I guess. Distribution belt/chain, whatever.

I've got a TDI so it may be hard to compare, but my dealer told me to come in to get the 'belt/chain' replaced at 90.000km.
That's separate from the variable service interval that currently makes return to my dealer every 50.000km or so.

So how do you get 60.000km out of a petrol A2, Andrei?

Anyway, I haven't looked at the service booklet that much yet, but doesn't it tell you when to change certain parts? Like the belt/chain, oil, brake fluid etc. ?

Edo

--
(2003 Silver 1.4 Tdi Exclusive(SE), 95bhp/235Nm chiptuned by ABT, black interior, sport seats, heated mirrors, TomTom3 PDA Satnav, JVC KD-SH909RB cd-receiver, Infinity Kappa 63.1 + Vifa on-dash tweeters, 12" Subwoofer on 300w Amp)

I wasn't explicit:)
I have a TDI!:)

The audi service from here told me to change the oil and filters at every 15.000 km! And belt/chain at 75.000.

What is your opinion?

I know that I have to change the belt.. but after 75k or 90k?

I only know what my dealer told me to do; and that's 90k
75k seems short to me, for almost any car.

But like Richard (hollyrescue) said: a broken belt can cause major damage, as you undoubtably know. Better safe than sorry.

How about asking another dealer/garage for a second opinion?

--
(2003 Silver 1.4 Tdi Exclusive(SE), 95bhp/235Nm chiptuned by ABT, black interior, sport seats, heated mirrors, TomTom3 PDA Satnav, JVC KD-SH909RB cd-receiver, Infinity Kappa 63.1 + Vifa on-dash tweeters, 12" Subwoofer on 300w Amp)

The Audi service schedule for TDi engines states the toothed belt and tensioner roller should be replaced at 90,000km / 60,000 miles.

Regards Spike

Yip... the belt needs changing at 60000 miles. Had mine done for a lovely £450 fee... grrr... Mr Audi will have a heart attack if you bring a TDI in for a belt change at 75000 miles!!!

____________________________________________________________________________________
[img=left]http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2002-2/11882/a2andme2.gif[/img=left]
2001 A2 TDI SE Crystal Blue with Open Sky, 6CD Symphony II, BOSE upgrade, DIS and HALF a winterpack!

iPAQ 3970 with Sat-Nav sleeve, rear cupholders, luggage net and floppy wiper!

http://www.a2oc.net/pic_show.asp?picid=1572&type=1 On www.A2OC.net pictures UK160 to UK183

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back