Service Price.

kezbed

Hi, my car is due it's 2nd long life service (i think!). i have been quoted £342 by both my nearest dealers. Does this sound a reasonable price for this service? Also, does anyone know what does this service includes.
cheers, Kez.

I paid £291 for my 2nd life service so you would be paying over the odds. Had mine carried out by a VW dealership using Audi parts thats why it was cheaper. There are many posts on this forum regarding service costs

Hi mate, thanks for your reply. How do you go about getting it serviced at at VW garage? Does this not affect your warranty. The car is a 04/54 reg so it still has 16 months warranty on it. Cheers, John.

Hi kezbed
I think the third year of the warranty is covered by the dealer so you may be safer sticking with them for the service.The second long life service would normally be done at 40,000miles or 4 years. In addition to the oil change, pollen filter and routine checks it should include the air filter, fuel filter (diesel only) spark plugs (obviously petrol only) and hydraulic fluid level check.

Cheers Spike

I did not have the Audi warranty but a VW warranty as I bought it from the VW dealership second hand

Have just read the local paper and find that they are building the B-I-G-G-E-S-T dealership in Brittain locally in Shirley, Solihull, to be run by Birmingham Audi, it will be interesting how much the servicing will be.
Malcolm

Service.

Hi, i've contacted my local VW garage who reckon they can do my 2nd long life service for £215. I have since spoke to a bloke at the Audi garage who reckons they are not allowed to service VW cars? The Vw fella reckons they will defo use all Audi specified parts for the service. I was quoted £342 for the same service at audi. Do you all think this sounds ok?

yes they will use genuine parts ans sale SLX2 longlife oil

Audi did my service for me for £200 :) I provided my own oil, which they forgot about and left in the boot and ended up filling it up with their own :) they were very nice about it.

kezbed,
I agree with A2Look they will use Audi parts for sure. When I booked mine in they could not quote me a price until they had checked on the price of the Audi parts. Had my 2nd long life service last year and the VW garage did it. They got all the required service parts in no problem. The only thing they couldnt do was to replace my wiper blade as they did not have one but that was not a real problem anyway.
Just go for it price seems good as I was charged £290 which was still cheaper than the Audi garage who wanted £320 approx.

Cheers lads, thanks for all your help. All i was worried about was that somebody had mentioned that the last year of your warranty was from your dealer, not from Audi. So they recommended using the dealer to be on the safe side. I will ring VW tomorrow to confirm the price and book it in.
Cheers, Kez.

Hi all, I have finally booked my car into my local VW garage for it's 2nd long life service. I rang the helpline in the Audi service book, and they have assured me that the 3rd year of my warranty will not be affected by not getting the car serviced by an Audi dealer. I have also been assured this by a couple of Audi centres and VW centres. I'll be honest I am still a bit sceptical but only time will tell. Overall guys what do you all think of your A2's, I am still a bit unsure whether to keep it or not?? 1.6 FSI Sport.

I drove a peugeot 307 SW last week to Bristol. Over 4 hours driving and I was so pleased to get back into my A2. The clutch on the 307 made my foot ache it was so heavy not good for stop start driving on the M25. i know the A2 has its faults and I reckon to date i have had more problems than I have had with previous cars (except the citreon that was a dog). It as only cost me a service and two tyres and i have had the car 2.5 years all the faults being done under warranty. Dont think I would even consider buying an A2 without a full waranty but thats just me

Back