SERVICE TIME

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

andy_olive

I have just bought a second hand A2 from crewe audi at time it 3 weeks ago it had 4600 miles (did say at the time that it should be fully serviced)till next service now it tells me 2300 dealer tells me i must be driving the car harder than normal to have had this drop in 3 weeks. i have driven 600 mile and dont drive like a boy racer has anybody had the same thing happen to them called audi to complain today

Mine has been sitting on 300 miles to service for ages. No doubt the next message will be "service due", it seems to make little sense to me but it seems normal, these wild variations.

Thanks for that it's the only thing i can pull audi and the car for.

andy

The VSI is a strange thing. Straight after a service it will show maybe 8000 miles for ages, then creep up to the 16,000 some people are getting. But if you only drive a few miles, this is worse for the engine than lots of miles in one go. The engine doesn't warm up etc. Lots of small trips to the shops 2 miles away will bring the VSI down quickly.

Part of the VSI is an oil sensor. These have been known to go wrong so could be sending false signals to the VSI. Do a few small trips and see how it affects the VSI, then do a long one and I bet the longer journey will take less miles off the VSI than the short journey!

Steve - A couple of A2's, then a Corolla, now an Avensis T3-X 2.0 Auto

Thanks steve
audi crewe should really have given the car a full service i think or aleast given me the next free

I have just had my first service on my A2 1.4 TDI Sport. I got 31000 miles before the indicator said it needed a service. Had a service at Audi and the indicator said I would need another service in 32000 miles. I drive 70 miles a day and average 60 to 70MPH. I'm extremely please with the distance before needing a service. When I first brought the car from new, the indicator said 15000 and gradually moved up to 31000 once it got used to my distance travelled. I'd say over a couple of months.

Does anyone know when the Cam belt should get fix and how much ? Also Audi advised me that the break fluid should be changed at 2 years at a cost of £75.00 ?

quote:Originally posted by pdlogan1

Does anyone know when the Cam belt should get fix and how much ? Also Audi advised me that the break fluid should be changed at 2 years at a cost of £75.00 ?

Cam belt at 80000 miles on the 3 cylinder TDi according to my service book.
Brake fluid is indeed every two years. Brake fluid is hygroscopic (absorbs water) so needs to be changed on a time basis (not mileage) before it takes on too much moisture.

Cheers, Richard.

5a5bpg

2005 A2 Tdi. Dolphin with red leather.
2001 RS4. Standard 380bhp.

quote:Originally posted by viffer

Cam belt at 80000 miles on the 3 cylinder TDi according to my service book.

I would speak to/check with an Audi Dealer as we were told its 60000 miles for the 3 cylinder TDI (1.4) and 80000 for the 4 cylinder TDI (1.9 and 2.0) yes I know these are not fitted to the A2

Lee and Sheridan,
TDI SE, Build 11/01, Dolphin Grey
50% Brighter Bulbs : Audi 6 CD Changer : Rear drinks holder : Floppy Wiper : Centre Tray : Elasticated Belt System : Chrome Numberplate Surround : A3 Transmission Nets : Heated Mirrors

Had my first VSI service at 31k miles - as indicated. Service receptionist couldn't understand why the car had not indicated service at 20k and talked about possible invalidating warranty! I then asked what I should do about 40K service items as it was clear that the next VSI service would be more like 60K. The service receptionist suggested I should come back in 10K miles to have the 40k items done. I opted to have 40k items dealt with there and then. The documentation I received was poor too, with no life expectancy given for tyres/brake pads. Now at 52K with approx 8K to next service, which I want a little earlier to pull in any warranty items. Also aware of cambelt change. I'm sure this is going to hurt!

Has anyone else had problems with fixed interval items on a VSI servicing schedule?

John (& Mary) Imber 2003 1.4TDI SE, metallic silver, open sky, black leather /alcantara, Bose, ECC, DIS, Winter pack, mud flaps

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back