Servicing cost

Primea2

Alright Dudes, I have decided to put my A2 in for its second service ( major 40,000) I have been quoted £400 all in - breaks and disks. Is this alittle steap??My dad has a BMW coupe sport and he only pays £360 for his major service.....im slightly sceptical. Im also commenting on the knocking from front suspension over rough terrain (Im sure due to rollbar/brushes) but im playing dumb to see what they say. Any thoughts?
Cheers.
Primea2

That seems ok to me, I've just had my second service, which cost me just over £300 (longlife service) without disks and pads. Re: the knocking, when I had my service, they noted that the front anti-roll bar cover was cracking, and the bushes would need replacing at some point, they said I may notice some creaking when going over speed bumps, so its probably the same for yours.

I was very pleased with the service on my car (Peterborough Audi) as they rang me to say that the rear passenger brake caliper was seized, they asked my permission to take it all apart, it only needed adjusting and a lube (thank god!), but they did this with no charge!

300?

That sounds more feasable, I'm driving a TDI so maybe some of the £100 increase on Nottingham Audi is genuine.....still my longlife oil is alot of money aswel for Diesel engine. I think about 375£ is a genuine price after thinking about it....anyways I knew deal cost would come when I brought an Audi anyways so high servicing costs should be expected :(

Are you allowed to have your car serviced other than Audi and retain the warranty:confused:
Seem to remember I could with my dagenham dustbin providing the correct/authorised parts and lubricants were used. The handbook held a statement to the effect that this could be done and the warranty maintained.
Now I know this might look odd in the servicebook but My local garage would give a quality service with a reasonable bill at the end.

Doctor

I suggest you keep the servicing to the VAG dealership. Try out your VW garage they are a lot cheaper than Audi. My second service cost me £296 all in and they used the Audi parts to boot. The reason for keeping to VAG dealership is for resale perposes better to have a VAG stamp in the book keeps the value up when selling on

Don't forget thought that for fitting the new brake disks & pads, you are probably looking at about 1 hours extra labour cost, plus the cost of the parts, have you asked what price you are being charged for the work on the brakes?

Primea

got to the local VW dealer, your service will be cheaper, I and others have posted before on this...

... then knocking you are getting is what I've just had fixed... depending on the age of you car.... you might need a new roll bar, this cost me £60 from VW, my mate could do yours he's in sheffield. He fixes VW's and Audis for a living...
http://www.dubsalvage.co.uk/

...he's just going on holiday for a week, but I'm sure he could help you out... like I said he did mine, and it's A.OK.

bba

Back