Servicing costs,, cheap for me but worth it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

EF MAX

Just had my 2nd service at my local garage, not Audi.
Did the usual pollen/air/oil/fuel filter change, fresh mineral oil etc, basic MOT check over, brakes [new pads for the front]and stuff.

Yep, he hit me for £75.00.. That is the 2nd time he has charged me so much and the first job he did was EXCELLENT.

That does make a change. My only worry would be the oil. If you're still on the variable servicing, did they use the correct oil? If so, how do they make any money? The oil alone costs 40-odd quid and I don't think it's much cheaper to the trade.

Cheers, Richard.

5a5bpg

2005 A2 Tdi. Dolphin with red leather.
2001 RS4. Standard 380bhp.

quote:Originally posted by viffer

That does make a change. My only worry would be the oil. If you're still on the variable servicing, did they use the correct oil? If so, how do they make any money? The oil alone costs 40-odd quid and I don't think it's much cheaper to the trade.

Cheers, Richard.

5a5bpg

2005 A2 Tdi. Dolphin with red leather.
2001 RS4. Standard 380bhp.
I brought all the parts myself and I used some seriously expensive but good oil..

hi
So the £75 was just labour ?
cheers

andy

1.4TDI SE, DIS ,Leather ,CD ,ipod ,Climate ,Road Angel ,Tom Tom Go.

EF Max - you should be a spin doctor! If I went to my Audi dealer with a boot full of parts a service would 'cost' me about £90!

The cost of parts just amaze me. As I have said in another post, fuel filter at Audi £55, from my local Partco £8. now that is a big difference.

I don't mind shopping around, I got a set of decent 215/40/ZR17 earlier this year from Scotland for £35 each plus carriage and fitting, they still came to less than £200 and they are quiet, grip well in the wet, have done about 10K so far and look like I put them on yesterday, yet my local dealer wants about £110-£140 per tyre.

Umm where is the capital "C" in my name.

£35 each what brand are they and i think Audi dealers think we all have c in are name

NANKANG Ultra Sport NS 11. 215/40/17 in a ZR rating.
Nice looking tyre and it does the biz.. often I drive the little one hard but these tyres cope.

NANKANG Ultra Sport NS 11. 215/40/17 there are a japan boy racer street race tyre(super grip in the dry ok in wet) all there honda civic's use them think i will have to ask who where you got them from

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back