Servicing in Milton Keynes area recommendation

Just had my A2 serviced by Inde-Tech at Bletchley and I can thoroughly recommend the firm. They've been going just under a year and are all ex-Audi technicians. They have all the necessary equipment and labour costs are half those of a main dealer. They're also very helpful and enthusiastic.

I had the second variable service done, including ALL filters, a new cambelt, water pump and ribbed belt, plus brake fluid change, cleaning out the rear brake drums, air-con service and re-gas, plus MoT — all for two-thirds of the price of a main dealer's charge for just a service and cambelt change.

www.inde-tech.co.uk

Hi Richard,

Firstly thanks for highlighting what would appear to be a reputable alternative to main dealer servicing and costs in the Milton Keynes area.:)

Living in MK and having had recommendation from other A2 owners, I would probably be inclined to save some cash in future years and give them a go at servicing my car.

For now though, with an ‘05’ plate vehicle still under warranty, I will suffer the inflated charges of main dealer pricing when my service is due early next year.:(

I will certainly keep my eyes and ears open on inde-tech’s performance over the coming months and consider using them for any faults or failure repairs that may occur which are not covered under the Audi warranty.;)

Cheers,

Darren

As far as I am aware, Inde-Tech and other indepdendents, under the new legislation which came out in the last year or so, can service vehicles in warranty without compromising its validity, as long as they use genuine parts, so you should be OK. Obviously, an Audi dealer should be used for any warranty work. All the best.

Real can of worms, that one! I must admit that although I knew the third year warranty was dealer-sourced, it had never crossed my mind about how the legislation affected it. Thanks for the info.

After reading the latest posts, it would appear that I will stand by my original stance - 'dealer servicing it is'.:(

It is a mine field of bureaucracy and legislation out there and I am sure that if any company or manufacturer can get out of forking out for warranty work - then they will.:mad:

Thanks for the update Chris and Rich. Just goes to further prove what an excellent forum this is!!:D

Cheers.

Darren

Back