Sheffield and environs

dan_b

A2OC Donor
Spent a few days visiting relatives in Sheffield and spotted four A2s. One was a Red colourstorm, one was a blue SE, another was a silver SE, and the final one was a very nice bright Red Sport (I think) - wasn't a coloustorm as had colour-keyed bumpers, wheel arches and rubbing strips. Very nice. Anyone here?

Managed 53MPG on the round trip, which was with 4 in the car plus luggage, and including heading up and across several of the passes, and not exactly hanging about on the motorway at times either. Seems replacing my thermostat has restored my economy quite effectively.

and there I was thinking Otley was West Riding, not South Yorks ;)

Go on, dan, explain which real roads you got to drive? Any recommendations?

(personally I liked Cat & Fiddle...)

Bret

Yep, went over the Cat and Fiddle, also went to Chatsworth and Haversage, plus visited the National Space Centre in Leicester on the way up :)

You are absolutely correct Brett! However i now live south of Huddersfield nera Denby Dale of pie fame..... although I still frequent Otley (as I did on saturday, excellent open market!) having retained my house there (rented out now).

You'll not like the C&F now - very heavily policed and camera'd to stop the death toll from rising.

One of my favourites is the back road from Flouch to Holmfirth via Hade Edge, or failing this, the road from Pickering to Whitby past Fylingdales in North Yorkshire.

Cheers,

Mike

agree on both counts Mike, although is that camera'd TO death......:rolleyes: Perhaps we should set up a new thread for favourite driving roads, most of mine are in Scotland! ( and perhaps one for the most gatso'd....)

Spent a few days visiting relatives in Sheffield and spotted four A2s. One was a Red colourstorm, one was a blue SE, another was a silver SE, and the final one was a very nice bright Red Sport (I think) - wasn't a coloustorm as had colour-keyed bumpers, wheel arches and rubbing strips. Very nice. Anyone here?

I was around that area - Mine isn't bright red, but Amulert red and freshly polished around then :D could have been mine...

Could have been, it was a nice red, not a vulgar red, and certainly very polished and shiny!

Back