Should I take up Audi's Free MOT?

wngl

Service is due this month and wondering if I should take up Audi's free MOT while they service my A2? My current MOT is only a couple of months old so not desperate to get a new MOT for another 10 months - however not one to turn down a freebie:)

Question is, if Audi were to fail my A2's MOT, will it still be legal for me to drive my A2 for the reminder 10 months on its current MOT? Or will the new (failed) MOT superceed/void the current MOT?

Why dont you just let them do it when its due in 10 months time?

Could do that, but it means having to drop the car off with the local Audi dealer in the morning and picking it again before they close (I have asked and they wouldn't do a while you wait MOT). This was the reason why I paid for my MOT 2 months ago as I couldn't aford the hassel of taking time off work to take advantage of the free MOT. But now the A2 is due to go in for a service anyway so will have to take some time off work to do this and tempted by the free MOT - this will also synch up the annual MOT with the annual service killing 2 birds with one stone. However, abit suspicous of the free MOT and not sure if they will fail it on something marginal thus voiding my existing MOT certificate.

Hi.I took up the offer of free MOT's Audi A4 passed with no extra or hidden charges.The A2 failed on rear indicator bulbs wrong colour!!!!! apparently they was not orange enough.So all in all they were ok.

Have to say the free MoT is a good deal, especially if it is 'one of their cars' i.e sold and serviced by them from new..............no probs, no cost every year.

Question is, if Audi were to fail my A2's MOT, will it still be legal for me to drive my A2 for the reminder 10 months on its current MOT? Or will the new (failed) MOT superceed/void the current MOT?

Apparently not, if the car fails the new mot then your old mot is void and you will need to get it repaired and retested again.

I'd leave it till it's due.

If I were you I would leave off the MOT, they have offered me a free MOT for the last 2 years running so not sure the offer will run out anytime soon!

Free MOT

Just had a free MOT done by Audi Glasgow.They still know my reg and name even though I haven't used them for major work for about 3 years. Impressive or scary ...you decide. Thankfully nothing wrong but very minor issues. I think they felt they had to find something.

Got a free cup of coffee too. All in all well worth it as I try and avoid the main dealer due to costs. Picked up a new product brochure which had a £10,000 children's pedal car at the back, which caused much mirth amongst my car snob pals who suggested this may be my next "upgrade " from my A2.

Oh and got a free paper too.

I am Scottish after all !!

Back