SILVER A2 - ART 25 - Nr PETWORTH LAST NIGHT

ijedgar

A2OC Donor
Was this you.
If so next time you are following a lone female at night down a country lane please think of the consequences before pulling up behind,flashing your lights,waving & sounding your horn.
I`m sure,as she was also in an A2 (black 1.4se),that you were just being friendly but you frightened her quite considerably.
When she pulled over to let you pass as she thought you were in a hurry it was not a good idea to pull in behind her.
There are a lot of nutters out there.
Rant over.

Nasty experience and nasty post I'm afraid.
I really doubt this would be the behaviour of anyone in this fold. Whilst we will have our fair share of personalities from across the spectrum on a largely 'faceless' forum - I highly doubt anyone who's a member of an open and helpful community like this would behave in the manner you describe. If your Mrs has concerns about driving alone at night I hope you have your anti-hijack activated and bluetooth phone sorted on the car. Did you get the registration number? intimidating/road rage style vehicle behaviour is an offence as I'm sure youre aware.

Sorry to read a post like this on here. :(

Cheers, M

Last edited:
Sorry,..........why is this a nasty post?I did not set out to upset anyone.
Just trying to point out that this type of behaviour could be misinterpreted.
If it was one of our members I`m sure he was only trying to be friendly & may never have considered that his actions may be a cause for concern in certain circumstances.
Thanks for the advice & yes she has the mobile & the car automatically locks after about 10 seconds driving.

Was this you........
Rant over.

Nasty post? Its an interpretation thing.
As you started and ended the text as detailed above I'm afraid I read it as quite confrontational.

The occurence was regrettable and I'm glad your Mrs is OK, doubly glad you have safety in mind - however I really doubt this behaviour is attributable to and A2OC member.

Flashing, waving and stopping behind someone in the dark is just not the way to say 'Hi - love your car'

So posting that message on here, asking if it was a fellow member, could have been approached with more diplomacy in my view.

Well we will just have to agree to disagree on that one.
No confrontation intended,just pointing out something the driver may not have considered.

Well we will just have to agree to disagree on that one.
No confrontation intended,just pointing out something the driver may not have considered.

I'm with you on this one and would have also been very upset if my wife had been involved in such an incident. There are many A2 owners who have not bothered to join the club but still log into our web site. If your message gets to the driver involved then hopefully they will see how their actions caused such distress and be more considerate in the future.

Cheers Spike

Thanks Spike that is all I was hoping for.
Certainly not after upsetting anyone or trying to be confrontational.
I thought that someone reacting in this way to another A2 owner is obviously a committed fan & may read or have joined this forum.

Back