silver lining of my A2 not starting today...

OldSchool

A2OC Donor
is that after the AA dude came and gave me a jump start my drivers side electric window started working again... it had stopped working a couple weeks ago...

on the down side I missed spending time with my daughters today...

the AA dude says the alternator is working and charging the battery and battery is accepting the charge so I drove around for an hour to make sure it was charged...

one of the downsides of living at work is I don't commute every day and often won't drive for a week or so...

now I just have the entering of the code into the stereo to look forward to tomorrow...

Maybe a trickle charger solar panel? I’ve got a van that drives only once a month or so. Since I got a solar panel and some suction cups it’s never needed a charge to get it started.

The panel was £30 from Halfords and either connects to the battery or the 12v socket. It’s about a foot by two feet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

is that after the AA dude came and gave me a jump start my drivers side electric window started working again... it had stopped working a couple weeks ago...

the AA dude says the alternator is working and charging the battery and battery is accepting the charge so I drove around for an hour to make sure it was charged...

one of the downsides of living at work is I don't commute every day and often won't drive for a week or so...

now I just have the entering of the code into the stereo to look forward to tomorrow...

Hi Oldschool ... if the drivers window cuts out again try disconnecting the negative terminal from your battery for a few seconds and it will reboot ... always worked for me ☺☺☺
Edit ... always handy to keep a 10mm spanner in the boot because it usually happens when you are in a car park and away from home :oops:

Last edited:

Sorry to hear of your inconvenience... The silver lining may be the stereo should hold the code though, it's only if you put in a different stereo you might need the code.

If the battery was flat then the windows can need reprograming. Hold each switch up for a couple of seconds after the window is up, that will reprogram them. If the car is not used for long periods then a solar charger is ideal, assuming the car is not kept under cover!!! Yes the stereo, if an Audi unit should not be an issue once the car knows it is fitted it remembers the code unless early car and early stereo.

Back