Simply Audi at Beaulieu Motor Museum, Sunday 16th April 2023.

Added to Calendar: 16-04-23

RSVP  Print

Event start date: Sunday 2023-04-16
Event end date: Sunday 2023-04-16
Registration ends: Wednesday 2023-04-05
# Username Guest count Note
1 Proghound Proghound 2  
2 Dave M Dave M 2 Thanks Ian.
3 QuattroA2 QuattroA2 1 Thank you Proghound for organising again.
4 S simon martyn 1  
5 steveb steveb 2 2 people one car
6 MikeMiles MikeMiles 2  
7 iskt71 iskt71 2 KV05JZJ AUDI A2 1.4 Special Edition. Looking forward to meeting you all!
8 Cenick Cenick 1 Just me this year

Proghound

Admin Team
United-Kingdom

desktop-gallery-Simply-Audi-870-x4752.jpg

This is a great opportunity to enjoy a day out at the National Motor Museum in Beaulieu in the heart of the beautiful New Forest, together with your A2OC friends and with all sorts of other Audis for company. Your ticket price includes all the attractions of the Motor Museum which are available as normal, plus we get to park up together in the grounds, where our uniquely forward-thinking and quirky aluminium friends will also be on display to the general public :)

If you would like to join a convoy in, we will be meeting up from 9am at the Forestry England car park for Bolton's Bench and the Lyndhurst War Memorial, at Beaulieu Road, Lyndhurst SO43 7NL.
https://www.google.com/maps/place/Lyndhurst+War+Memorial/@50.8720129,-1.5695609,18z.

This is right next to the junction of the B3056 and the A35. The convoy will need to set off to travel the 7 miles to the Beaulieu National Motor Museum around 9.30/9.45am. We look foward to seeing you there! :)

We attended this event last year also, which was enjoyed by everyone who came. Photos from that thread start here.

HOW IT WORKS

The club is requesting a stand at this event, this allocates spaces to us in the Museum grounds for a number of cars that we must confirm 2 weeks prior to the event. In order to be included in the A2OC club entry, you need to register your interest via the RSVP at the very top of the thread. The registration for this event will close at the end of Sunday March 26th. Numbers of people aren't so important for this event, but you will need to state if you are bringing more than one A2.

To get into the grounds you will need to have purchased your own event tickets in advance for everyone in your car, and have them printed out or available to show on your phone, ready for scanning on arrival. Early-bird pricing of £14 per adult is available until February 28th, after which the price increases to £16. Children 5-16 are £7.50 early-bird rising to £8, under-fives go free. Tickets are only available from the Beaulieu website. NOTE: the early-bird prices are finishing a whole month earlier than last year so you're advised to book quickly if you want to save a few pounds!

We will receive Club labels by email to print out and display in our windscreens, to help the organisers to direct us to our allocated spaces on arrival - I will distribute these to all attendees in plenty of time for the event. All Club spaces are held until 10.30am on the day, after which they are given over to general Simply Audi attendance. So in order to guarantee being parked with other members of A2OC, you must be inside the grounds by 10.30am. Contrary to previous understanding, there is no restriction on an earliest leaving time (except not during peak arrival times, when an exit lane might not be available). So you are free to leave at any time, however please note that after having left, re-entry to the grounds is not possible.

Last edited:
A last reminder, if you can commit to this event now, buy your tickets here before the early-bird pricing finishes at the end of Tuesday 28th February.
This is your last chance to save, as the marketing slogan goes!

It's too late for the discounted entry tickets now, but are there any more takers for the Beaulieu run? They're going to want a final number of places on the stand by the end of next week.

Will be great to have you there again Steve 👍 Don't forget to register at the top of the thread (possibly not visible on Tapatalk).

How about you @donp38? You were down for this one last year but fell ill just before if I remember right. Fancy coming along to see what you missed?

8 cars signed up so far, more participants are still welcome :)

@Jellybean, you were down for this one last year but in the end, Jan was still too poorly after her knee op. Maybe this year?
@PlasticMac, this would be quite close to you I believe?
@dj_efk, a bit more of a trek for you but still your closest social this year, a day out for the family maybe?

Whilst I'd certainly welcome the chance to meet you all (and show off Audrey / Merlin to @Dave M who won't have seen the car since about 2016/17) - unfortunately we'll be in transit back from our first visit to Singapore since we repatriated on that day.

Last call for any more potential attendees! Beaulieu has asked me to confirm the number of cars for our stand by Thursday 6th April, so I've extended the registration until Wednesday 5th. Don't forget that everyone in your car including the driver will need an entry ticket for the day, bought in advance from Beaulieu's website.

I'll give out the Club stand passes at the meetup for the convoy. If you don't expect to be able to make that, please PM me your email address and I'll send you one to print out. All cars need to be on the stand by 10.30am on the day to guarantee parking up together.

OK, I've confirmed for a maximum of 10 cars. We've got 8 registered plus @donp38 hopefully joining us also, so there's room for 1 more car if anyone fancies this event in a couple of weekends' time.

Looking forward to meeting up this weekend and the weathers looking good for Sunday. We've also booked for the Sea City Museum on Monday to see the Titanic exhibition. 👍 :)

This is the last call for any more attendees for this social. We've got 10 spaces reserved and 8 cars so far, possibly plus one other Audi tagging along with us belonging to @Cenick's son. So there's room for one more if anyone is interested - just post up or PM me to let me know. @donp38 might it be you?

The meet-up for the convoy in is from 9am at the Forestry England car park for Bolton's Bench and the Lyndhurst War Memorial, at Beaulieu Road, Lyndhurst SO43 7NL. https://www.google.com/maps/place/Lyndhurst+War+Memorial/@50.8720129,-1.5695609,18z. This is right next to the junction of the B3056 and the A35. The convoy will need to set off to travel the 7 miles to the Beaulieu National Motor Museum around 9.30/9.45am.

I will give out the Club stand labels at the meet-up, to display in our windscreens as we enter the Museum site, for the marshals to be able to direct us to our stand. If anyone is coming but doesn't think they are going to be able to make the meet-up, let me know and I'll PM or email a PDF copy for you to print. All stand spaces are only reserved until 10.30am, after which they are given over to general Simply Audi attendance. So in order to guarantee being parked with other members of A2OC, you must be inside the grounds by 10.30am.

One last reminder just in case: you will need to have purchased your own tickets for everyone in your car, and have them printed out or available to show on your phone, ready for scanning on arrival. If you've not yet done so, tickets are only available from the Beaulieu website.

As usual, I will have the Shop stocks with me. All items are available at their regular prices except without having to pay postage, which is particularly attractive for the number plate surrounds. I'll bring at least half a dozen pairs of those with me, but it might be best to come and see me early on to ensure you get yours. There will be loads of the new badges of course :) I can take payment by PayPal Friends & Family or cash, but probably the correct change only.

Looking forward to seeing you all there :)

Back